My blog post

#2 rozrapp

rozrapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

FYI:  If anyone is considering doing "Pick Your Own" this weekend, forget it!  Battleview just posted on Facebook that "Pick Your Own" will be closed tomorrow, 5/20 and Sunday, 5/21 to allow for more ripening.  Not exactly a surprise to me since as I indicated in my blog post, the field was not exactly bursting with ripened berries.  While they also sell them in their market by the pint and the quart, they're saying that until they see how the ripening progresses, they aren't sure if they'll have them for sale.

#3 Tubbs

Tubbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

That did seem early. Sussex county farm said two week until they even think about opening

#4 rozrapp

rozrapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

That did seem early. Sussex county farm said two week until they even think about opening

No, it's about the same time every year. We are quite a bit south of Sussex.

#5 rozrapp

rozrapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Battleview announced on Facebook that pick your own strawberries is done for this season. The hot, humid weather put an end to them. I managed to pick a second batch week before last. I don't do pick your own sour cherries. But for anyone interested, it's scheduled to start on June 19th though it'salways best to check before going.