5 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Recent article in the Palm Beach Post discusses the impending crisis. Croissants without butter?

The French have seen a huge increase in domestic butter prices, and farms produce less butter. Something seems off to me. The French brand President butter is often on sale here in Florida for $5 a pound.

http://www.mypalmbea...jRZOuvr7guk4qN/
Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#2 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,616 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:53 AM

Recent article in the Palm Beach Post discusses the impending crisis. Croissants without butter?

The French have seen a huge increase in domestic butter prices, and farms produce less butter. Something seems off to me. The French brand President butter is often on sale here in Florida for $5 a pound.

http://www.mypalmbea...jRZOuvr7guk4qN/

President is to French butter as American cheese is to cheese.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#3 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

I was thinking more on the order of: Président is to dairy products as Foster's is to beer.

I don't actually know what a handbasket is -- but whatever they are, singer-songwriters are in the first ones going to hell. -- Sneakeater, 29 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#4 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

Land O Lakes Black Label Butter - if the French need good butter I could arrange for some to be shipped across the pond. Or as an alternative they could contact Don Peppe restaurant. They always have a minimum of 1,000 pounds on hand, unfortunately it's not the Black Label.

#5 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Agree on LoL black label "European style" aka higher fat/ less water than American style butters. At a recent dinner,a guest took it for a small batch artisan product.

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#6 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Is the Black Label GMO- free? One of the benefits of European butter is that you don't need to search for organic or pay that price
Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.