10 replies to this topic

#1 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

For those of you have one - have you ever had a situation where all of sudden it sounded as if the water was draining out of your dishwasher and then it was running when you hadn't turned it on? We had it last night - I heard water going down the drain and then a low hum. None of the lights indicating that the dishwasher was running were on (we weren't using it) and when we opened it, it did not appear as if anything was happening. When we turned the on/off button all the lights on the side where the place in the cycle is indicated started flashing. Blovie ended up pulling the plug out of the outlet since he was afraid of flooding. It really seemed like a poltergeist took over.

Is my dishwasher possessed?

Future Legacy Participant.

#2 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,441 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

Is my dishwasher possessed?

Yes?

We've had our's for over 13 years now; never an issue. Your's sounds like a good one.

#3 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,814 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:06 AM

the clean dishes are coming from inside the the house!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

We had a problem with the original Frigidaire d/w in Florida. The drain line vacuum was blocked, so the last quart or so of rinse water remained in the line and the sump. After a little air got in, the pump turned on and expelled the last water.

Easy solution, the plumber replaced a float valve and cleaned the vacuum.
Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#5 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,688 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

should have bought a mac.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#6 Josh Karpf

Josh Karpf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

I've lived with an oldish Miele dishwasher daily for most of a year now and use another home's newer Miele frequently; never noticed this.

Do the spray arms stop spinning if an exorcism's needed?

#7 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

my dad's doesn't do that.

#8 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,955 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

This sounds a lot like what my old dishwasher -- the one I had before my Miele -- started doing before it died.

What finally happened is that it turned itself on while I was out and flooded my kitchen and contiguous rooms (and hence the ones in the apartment below as well) with black scum.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#9 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,433 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:27 AM

I know I asked for help in a humorous manner, but I'm really perplexed. We've only had this dishwasher 5 years and we've never had a problem before this. Our Bosch ran with nary a problem for 17 years before it dropped dead one day.

Future Legacy Participant.

#10 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,955 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

My post was not a joke, if you thought it might be.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#11 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,441 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

I know I asked for help in a humorous manner, but I'm really perplexed. We've only had this dishwasher 5 years and we've never had a problem before this. Our Bosch ran with nary a problem for 17 years before it dropped dead one day.

Time to call the Miele man.