No replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,794 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

We had a really lovely experience at this spot in Williamsburg.  Came in last night with the family for the first time at any of their locations.  I can not say enough good things about the staff and the experience.  Friendly, helpful, considerate and welcoming.. In terms of what I know about the place, there are several locations.. The place is totally about to be  pushed out to the masses.. All of the options, except maybe one can be made gluten free.  It's all vegan..  I could see this place being big on a national level 

The restaurant is completely vegan and almost all of the offerings can be made gluten free.. I really enjoy this aspect as you don't feel like your missing out.. 

We ordered the quinoa taco salad, the kale caesar, the veggie burger, the kale artichoke dip and the fries.. 

Kale Caesar was really delicious.. like very good, we opted for no croutons in order to make it gluten free.. Their mushroom bacon, crunchy bites of smokey slices of mushrooms.. Addicting.  The dressing was very creamy.  This is a sure fire winner. 

Their burger. Firstly, the gluten free bun was soft and doughy and warm and delicious.  I could not believe it was gluten free.  The patty itself was ok but, its all about the condiments and accouterments.  Their chipotle mayo was really lovely, had a big mac sauce to it.. 

Quinoa Taco Salad:  I thought it was ok.. The quinoa was super cold, the salad was very sweet, i believe it had agave in it. It was refreshing and had bits of tortilla and some "cream".  There was some sort of protein in the dish, soy or tempeh or something.  I was not a fan but, even without eating the protein we had a lot of leftovers.  It was hearty, way more than I would eat in a seating.  

The fries, we had a mix of air fried sweet and potato fries.. they came room temp and dried out.. Not a good showing for fries. 

The kale and artichoke dip was delicious.. They used an almond cream or a cashew cream and it was topped with a ton of nutritional yeast.. They were served with tortilla chips..  This reminded me of an old school experience at Houston's..  

All in all, the food was remarkably good.. I didn't necessarily leave feeling like a had the most healthy meal in the world, but, for it being gluten free and vegan, it was very satisfying and I will happily return.. Also, i didn't choose the healthiest of options either.. There is a mac and cheese and a thai salad that is on my radar for next time.. But, one could get a smoothie or a to go salad or a number of things that will make you feel good about your healthy eating choices.

(help me, I am being held hostage against my will by a bunch of lunatic vegans, trying to impose their will on me.)

But seriously, this is written by me on a health kick that has been juicing the last 9 days and this is my first taste of freshly made food..  If I was a vegan, I would eat here with some regularity, when I am no longer a vegan, there would be very little reason to return, if any. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nyc, vegan, brooklyn, manhattan