52 replies to this topic

#46 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:59 PM

I don't think the number of employees put in charge of this matters when restaurants sue for damages.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#47 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 84,597 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:15 PM

I was looking at four restaurants today, and three of the four were on Resy, one on Open Table.

#48 taion

taion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

Has anyone seen this thing where, even though you booked the reservation on OpenTable, you end up getting a confirmation email from Resy at some point?

I didn't tip at Per Se either.

#49 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61,902 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:32 AM

Yes!
Bar Loser

MF Old

#50 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:43 PM

Part advertorial, part interesting but a piece by Kokonas on OT, Resy/Reserve M&A, and why Tock is the greatest super-duperist thing evar.  (its actually pretty good)

https://medium.com/@...ld-be06e64dde12

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#51 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

When someone cites "cloud" and "machine learning" and "infinitely scalable" in the contest of the task of taking reservations I have to think he's full of it. The entire task for all restaurants in the US can be easily handled by a single server.  

Also I think there are now 25 restaurant reservation systems with significant footprint in Japan alone (and more over east asia, urp, etc.). Instead of trying to cover every need and suggesting assholistic concepts like demand based pricing, many cater to very specific needs, and have started convincing even traditional restaurants to come on board as they offer them the ability to manage availability on an individual basis and replace their well guarded paper books, offering assurances the data won't leak. 

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#52 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 84,597 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:34 AM

That’s hilarious. Does anyone say “”SaaS” any more?

But seriously, is Open Table on prem? I assumed if it ever was, it had moved to the cloud (as we call it).

#53 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 84,597 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:35 AM

And yes, machine learning applied to the pool of data in question, nice ornamentation.