Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

36685893300_f34ae053a9.jpg

36247117224_7b403692c8.jpg

36940701541_e261f9b9df.jpg

Someone actually bought those old IKEA cabinets, as well as the range and dishwasher...felt good not having them become landfill.

I think Cossacks bathed in that sink.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

So what's your plan?  What are you doing with the kitchen. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#3 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

New everything.

A/C. With luck, I'll actually have some sort of range hood that vents to the outside - though the ducting is gonna be interesting.

Cabinet bases are "semi-custom," since I only have room on the side with lots of cabinets, for 21" base cabinets, not the standard 24". Custom fronts.

9' long countertop on that side. Couple of pull-out pantries.

Hardwood floor.

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,423 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

Looking forward to watching the progress. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#5 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Looking forward to watching the progress. 

You can project manage.

Should be interesting to see what they can do with 140-ish square feet.

#6 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Am impressed how immaculate your old range is/was.     

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#7 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,867 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

I agree.  It looks new.

Joe, what are you replacing it with?

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#8 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,339 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:24 AM

How long are you going to be kitchen-less for?

Future Legacy Participant.

#9 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Are you using Joe Foti's guys, or someone else? They did a good job on our kitchen, and now we're casting about for someone to do our bathroom, and wondering whether we should stick with what we know or branch out.

#10 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

I agree.  It looks new.

Joe, what are you replacing it with?

13 years young, that range. It's amazing what a little water, Dove dish soap or Bon Ami, and a scrubbie will do. Especially if it's cleaned after every cooking event.  You always want to wake up to a clean kitchen.

Being replaced with a Wolf, which I'm hoping will be as good a performer as that Bosch has (surprisingly) been. Now you can't get a 4-burner Bosch; they're all (as so many others are) made with that damn middle 5th burner, which I find annoying.

How long are you going to be kitchen-less for?

I'm hoping the work will be done by Thanksgiving, but my initial goal was to be done by year-end.  There are 7 non-working week-days over the next two months, due to Jewish holidays (well, 6 + Columbus Day) and my building's rules. No work allowed on weekends either, except stuff like painting.

Are you using Joe Foti's guys, or someone else? They did a good job on our kitchen, and now we're casting about for someone to do our bathroom, and wondering whether we should stick with what we know or branch out.

Joe did quote us (and I've seen and like his work), but I'm using Modern; they've just completed 2 renovations right in my section. One was a breakthrough of 2 two-bedroom apartments, and is really quite a nice job. We're also doing the bathroom now - that is pretty much original to the apartment. 

#11 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

Thanks!

#12 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

We found the a Bosch dishwasher to be a selling plus in our NJ house. The agent even put a "Year Old, incredibly quiet" sign on the counter above it.
Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#13 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

We found the a Bosch dishwasher to be a selling plus in our NJ house. The agent even put a "Year Old, incredibly quiet" sign on the counter above it.

I even liked their (Bosch's) new refrigerators.  But they were not the right size for our kitchen.  We're sticking with a Miele dishwasher - I got $100 off and a 5-year warranty buying it last week.

#14 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,867 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

I had a full kitchen and bathroom renovation done last fall prior to selling my old apartment.  It took a little over 3 months.  The good part was that I didn't have to deal with the disruption.  The bad part was that I was paying carrying costs on an apartment I wasn't living in. 

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#15 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,279 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

Funny how the mortgage bank, insurance company, cooperative, and assorted other hangers on still want money when you're not even living in the apartment!