No replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Extracted from an existing Boston thread, with thanks to Adrian, Sneakeater, Wilfrid,

This isn't meant to be encyclopedic, but rather a peek at several places cited for various reasons. Highly selective, by me.  Contributions are welcome, but the meta-discussion should be on the other thread.

Thanks!

Juliet in Somerville - fish soups and roast beef in a New England way

Bondir in Cambridge - a farmhouse restaurant, a few miles from the sea. Just 28 seats.

Oleana in Cambridge - the flavors of Turkey and the middle east

L'Espalier in Boston's Prudential Center - French inspired fine dining

Neptune Oyster in downtown Boston - tiny, with perfect fish

Pink Pig offers comments on No. 9 and Atlantic Fish

http://www.pinkpigny...-co-boston.html

Local resident Abbylovi offers this:

By grown up I'm assuming you mean more high end? I have very little experience there but cinghiale is right and any Barbara Lynch restaurant is sure to be good. I went to No. 9 many years ago (maybe over a decade) so I can't remember details. The Butcher Shop was also really good as was B+G Oysters. B+G is about a 20 minute walk from Back Bay and is in a pretty neighborhood. I think the Butcher Shop is right across the street so you could conceivably do seafood apps and then move on to meat.  If you haven't been to Formaggio Kitchen that is close to B+G and worth a look if you want to buy some cheese to take away.

Personally I think Boston excels in seafood and beer so that is where I'd concentrate my energy.

Row 34 is a favorite and they also have Trillium beer on tap. Trillium close to impossible to find in NYC and is known as one of the best breweries in the US.

I'll keep thinking...

Additions and suggestions are welcome.

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.