1 reply to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

NJ.com's Pete Genovese offers his version of the best Italian (American) restaurants, county by county.  It's a good list, with lots to debate.  2825 in Atlantic City, of course. He named it his favorite Italian last year.

In Essex, he likes LuNello, with Fascino and Divina.  No fight with that. I'd add Rezza and Sopra.

In Passaic, he likes Bottagra.  Like that choice.  I've been there a few times, and it has a lot going for it.  Very 1950s.  Liked Viaggio, as well.

In Morris, he likes Il Mondo Vecchio.  OK.

In Bergen, he likes Paisano and Justin's

http://www.nj.com/en...cart_river_home

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#2 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:31 AM

Very nice list...in Bergen, while there might be a lot of Italian restaurants, I don' think there are a lot of good ones. Paisano's is very good, very popular. I like the variety, and the author speaks about the Northern and Southern Italian offerings. Justin's has a strong following, popular, etc. I think there are a few -- only a few others -- and my favorites are Savini, Dimora, and for old school, I like Rudy's (Cliffside Park). I haven't been in many years, but David's (also in Cliffside Park) used to be a hidden gem.

I like the picks in Essex County -- LuNello is excellent and no on is surprised to find it on anyone's short list. I very much like Fascino and Divina is very good, and popular.

In Hudson County, while I agree on Augustino's, and I can see Trattoria La Sorrentina on the list, I would also add one of my favorites, DiPalma. 

Thanks for posting Paul.