1 reply to this topic

#1 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,657 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:34 AM

I am writing about the EV branch on St. Marks Place, not the Flushing mothership.

I ate here a few months ago.  But I didn't want to write about it until I had also eaten in the celebrated Guan Fu in Flushing (right next to this place's mothership, as it turns out).  Before I heaped any praise on this place, I wanted to make sure it wasn't totally outclassed by Guan Fu.

Well, Guan Fu deserves all the praise it's gotten.  And it's better than here.  But NOT an order of magnitude better.

I'm no expert on Szechuan food.  But I'd say that this is the best Szechuan restaurant I've ever eaten at in Manhattan.

First, the cooking is better -- more precise, more finely calibrated -- than even at such excellent entries as Lan Sheng.

Second, the menu is chock-full of dishes you just don't see elsewhere.   And the ones I tried (don't ask for details:  I ate here a while ago) were very rewarding.

I'd love to hear what the Sichuan experts here have to say about this place.  But I think it's a real EV resource.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

This is exciting
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.