4 replies to this topic

#1 johannabanana

johannabanana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

Not sure if Nakamura has already been mentioned on the board. Anyhow, I very much like their ramen and the Ma Po Tofu, a perennial special. I think it's the best vegetarian version of Ma Po I've had. (Good rice here, too).

#2 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the mapo tofu - it's not on the online menu. I've had the vegan xo miso, which I liked, and the chilled vegan xo mazemen, which I loved.

3rVqjlj.png

#3 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,077 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

This is the tiny place right next to the Willy B, right?  If so, I've had some good luck and some not such good luck here.

#4 Seth Gordon

Seth Gordon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

My first meal there was a mixed bag - I ordered the uni mazemen, which they'd neglected to mention on the menu had truffle oil in it, so I had to send it back. I got the curry ramen instead - not something I'd normally order, but I just wanted the strongest-flavored thing to get the taste of dithiapentane out of my mouth. It was decent, if nothing I was in a rush to go back for. The beer I had (Kagua Blanc) was fantastic though. 

#5 johannabanana

johannabanana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

The place on Delancey close to the bridge.

I like the "chewy noodle" ramen options, particularly the Tontoro Pork. I don't like truffle oil either but Nakamura hasn't been too hit-or-miss for me.