2 replies to this topic

#1 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:05 PM

No, didn't eat dinner, but some friends were in town from California, wanted to have a cocktail, so I dropped "up" early this past Tuesday (like 5:30) and was able to commandeer a corner booth in the bar area.

I apologized for being one in the booth meant to hold six, but was assured since I got there when I did, all was OK. The usual good Danny Meyer service is nothing to be sneezed at in this day and age...it starts when you walk in the front door and are greeted and shown to the elevators.

Cocktails were fine, not insanely priced at this writing, with service inclusive ($18).

I mean, the view is stunning...

43804231311_dc525f669e_z.jpg

#2 GerryOlds

GerryOlds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:09 PM

What a view. And what a mess of a $28 bar burger. This one, with gruyere and very good onion rings, is ruined by caramelized onions slathered all over the outside of the top bun. And because it's a riff on french onion soup, the bottom bun sits in a pool of jus, making the whole thing impossible to pick up. Even if it tastes good, why do this?

#3 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

What a view. And what a mess of a $28 bar burger. This one, with gruyere and very good onion rings, is ruined by caramelized onions slathered all over the outside of the top bun. And because it's a riff on french onion soup, the bottom bun sits in a pool of jus, making the whole thing impossible to pick up. Even if it tastes good, why do this?

You don't eat your burgers with a knife & fork, just like a slice of pizza?  :unsure:

This space available… contact owner.