2 replies to this topic

#1 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

OK, so I made a few recommendations...however, a friend is looking for a restaurant that has:

a) a private room for a party for about 40 people

b) good food, but not exquisite, fine dining, hence, not super-expensive, top-tier pricing

c) location -- Northern NJ, meaning Northern Bergen County, preferably more oriented toward the Paramus area, maybe a 15 minute drive in any direction.

That's it. If it's BYO, they will bring their own booze.

I recommended Bacari, Stone and Rail, and Park West.

Any other ideas a bit "toned down" from Bacari and Park West.

Thank you in advance.

#2 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:59 PM

Is anyone around here today? LOL.

I throw most of my "professional parties" and "events" at Bacari and Seasons. So, I am a bit out of touch on other restaurants in the area.

Any ideas? Thank you again.

#3 joechartreuse

joechartreuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:32 AM

I have been to many private events and parties ( several times per year over several years) at Maggiano's in Hackensack.

I've seen them handle holiday parties, birthdays, wedding parties, corporate merger events, christening parties, Bar/Bat/Bas Mitzvahs, etc...

Their private rooms are adjustable in size and soundproof, their banquet staff is as professional as they come.  I have heard nothing but good things about the food and its presentation.  If entertainment is wanted, they have house bands, DJs, Karaoke Hosts, etc.

Given the description of your needs, I think this place will fit the bill perfectly.

While I have had dinners their and found the pricing reasonable, I have no knowledge of their party pricing- up to you

Before you ask, I am not an employee or owner, but have provided entertainment there on many occasions and found this place to be very good at what they do.  If they weren't, I would hear about it.  I'm just adding my opinion into an already positive mix.

I name this place first because I think their food is a few steps above some other venues that I've worked.  

You can certainly go even more casual and get a private room in most places, but  I am working only with the info provided.  If you can post the type of event I may have other suggestions.

Karaoke and food- almost heaven