3 replies to this topic

#1 joechartreuse

joechartreuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:12 AM

In the location as the previous Recovery Room, Burke's, etc..

Went for the first time about 2 weeks ago with companions.

The wait staff was attentive, friendly, and always there when needed.

The cocktails were absolutely delicious, whether a Mango or strawberry Marguerita, or a simple highball.

Ok, the food:   We had a huge assortment, so I will skip the dish by dish.   There some dissention in regard to flavor.   Some- who were more used to Tex-Mex- found the food under-seasoned.  However, I and another who are used to actual Mexican food knew that the genuine article gets it's more subtle flavoring from the mix of foods cooked together rather than herbs and spices.  I found the food to be genuine and as gently delicious.

My only problem with the place is that all the bare wood included in the decor makes this a pretty loud place.  What was once the back party room has been incorporated into the dining room with naught but a half wall, adding to the din.

As in many Mexican resaurants, the pricing was very attractive.

It's not the Casa Riviera in Augusta, but it's certainly a good place to eat, especially in groups.

Karaoke and food- almost heaven

#2 joechartreuse

joechartreuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:18 AM

Sorry- there are several edits that should have been made, but the edit button was not working.   I am literate, but a fat-handed two-finger typist and was working on the virtual keyboard of a tablet....    :-(

#3 joechartreuse

joechartreuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:19 AM

94 views, no replies.  Not part of the favored few, I guess.    I know that I have been sounding a bit frustrated with this forum lately, but at this point I think you can understand why.....   Maybe if I put this into the lost Northeastern NJ thread...

#4 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:05 AM

94 views, no replies.  Not part of the favored few, I guess.    I know that I have been sounding a bit frustrated with this forum lately, but at this point I think you can understand why.....   Maybe if I put this into the lost Northeastern NJ thread...

I hear you -- light on the comments, advice, etc. Where is everybody? LOL. Summer? Come on folks.