5 replies to this topic

#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:17 AM

let's talk about jarred fat. has anyone tried epic or fatworks brand beef tallow? i see fatworks also sells leaf lard, schmaltz and two kinds of duckfat.

81agaSVL45L._SY679_.jpg

81eL1lLHLJL._AC_UL480_SR258,480_.jpg 61sJczD5wmL._AC_UL320_SR320,320_.jpg71q8wR2kc0L._AC_UL480_SR369,480_.jpg

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:37 AM

What is the cost of the duck fat?

#3 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:07 AM

$14 for cage free all natural and $22 for pasture raised 8oz

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#4 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:17 AM

not sure about how their ducks are raised but the dartagnan stuff is cheaper and tastes fine to me. (as you probably know.)

#5 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,605 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:03 AM

What is the price of experience? :D

#6 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,605 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:05 AM

I’m pretty good at collecting good fat from meats I cook, and storing it in the fridge, but I’m excellent at forgetting it’s there and never using it.