22 replies to this topic

#16 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,158 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

I’m genuinely curious why you’d want to eat in Tiffany’s (Audrey Hepburn notwithstanding).
Bar Loser

MF Old

#17 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

#18 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

I’m genuinely curious why you’d want to eat in Tiffany’s (Audrey Hepburn notwithstanding).

This is one of those rare times when you go for the sake of going and not the food. Peggy wants to go and if that makes her happy...

#19 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,587 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

Thursday Friday and Saturdays are all booked up now for atomix for Feb (except one Thursday). Price also is up $30 pp (plus t/t).

The question remains - do you really think someone modestly skilled at getting what they want couldn't get in there in January? 

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#20 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,531 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

There is no expectation of meaningful food, though I can see the "fun" of it. Almost like eating at the "Top of the Sixes" when it existed.

#21 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,603 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

As per the information publicly available on their website, Atomix opened up February reservations 4 minutes ago. I logged in at the appointed time and booked my next meal there (on a Saturday night no less!) for my wife and I. So old school, and I didn't even need to make friends with anyone! 

Speaking to the original topic, a friend of mine who is deeply embedded in the restaurant industry took a year of trying with the common folk to get a table as well.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say - there are still Atomix seats available for many days in February... 

The price seems to jump $30 per head between January and February.  Maybe that will be a monthly event.  :D

#22 Tubbs

Tubbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

Appearing on everyone's "best of 2018" list will do that, I guess.

#23 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,158 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

I don’t want to say anything, but as I was walking into Frenchette tonight I ran into Bonner and family on their way out.
Bar Loser

MF Old