2 replies to this topic

#1 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,378 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

i was in india for almost three weeks after my hong kong sojourn, spending five days in bombay and then two weeks in delhi. i ate every meal out in bombay as i was staying at a hotel--some solo, most with friends/people i was meeting with for work. my first meal report is from a true bombay food institution, swati snacks. this is a gujarati restaurant that underlines how complicated the traditional/contemporary binary is with indian food, especially gujarati food.

swati-snacks-panki2.jpg

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#2 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

OMG so much green food coloring. 

Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#3 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,378 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

next up from bombay: dinner at jai hind lunch home in bandra (w). jai hind is one of a number of restaurants in the city that specialize in the seafood-based cuisines of the southwestern coast: mangalorean, konkani, malvani, goan. the distinctions between these cuisines are not always clear to me, a north indian, but this food--taken as a whole--is one of my favourites and there is no better place for it than bombay (and depending on who you talk to you will be told a different restaurant in the city is the best for it).

jai hind lunch home

not the most photogenic food though.

jaihind-crab-butter-pepper-garlic.jpg

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson