4 replies to this topic

#1 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:31 PM

I used Task Rabbit for the first time today; had hired someone via the web site/app whatever to replace a blown out transformer and light fixture.

Picked the one with the most reviews, and they were literally all positive reviews.

Person did the job in an hour, perfectly.  I'm impressed with the whole procedure, as I've decided all the stuff I used to do (and do poorly), I'm just gonna hire someone from now on. It's good for the economy.

#2 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

I just used them to hang something and my experience was closer to good than great, but I’d probably use them again.

#3 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,124 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

I'll round it out by saying I used it for a simple carpentry job (mitering a few joints for some finish trim) and the work was so bad I threw it out..

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#4 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,047 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

I can't wait for that light fixture to fall off the ceiling, or electrocute me.

#5 Josh Karpf

Josh Karpf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:27 PM

It took me four months to get around to learning how to connect Ethernet plugs to the cat-6 line strung through our new home by our contractors, who refused to make those lines actually usable.

I finally did one of the two lines two months ago. Many tries, arranging those little colored wires before crimping. It tested successfully, I think, except for one stubborn wire. Or maybe it's a crimp deep in the wall. If I can correct it at an end, whichever end that might be, I should do the second line.

I'm told this is the kind of thing well worth delegating to a TaskRabbit minion.

ethcable568b.gif