3 replies to this topic

#1 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,277 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

So I “literally” was last in Dallas when Dean Fearing was cooking at The Mansion, and that was really good.

I’ll be there in spring-time. Welcoming tips from anyone who’s been there more recently, either high-end or casual. Also, anything worth seeing (assume I did the JFK stuff last time).

#2 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,766 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:24 AM

You could check out the remains of the Cabana Motor Hotel where the Beatles stayed and Raquel Welch once served cocktails.  https://flashbackdal...otel-of-dallas/  Or hear some music in Deep Ellum.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#3 Nathan

Nathan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:34 AM

So I “literally” was last in Dallas when Dean Fearing was cooking at The Mansion, and that was really good.

I’ll be there in spring-time. Welcoming tips from anyone who’s been there more recently, either high-end or casual. Also, anything worth seeing (assume I did the JFK stuff last time).

For hotels I really like The Adolphus.  Good location too.  Strongly recommend going to the Kimball and Modern in Fort Worth if you haven't been.

Blatantly Obvious Disclaimer:

My opinions are obviously my personal opinions. Not yours. Not universal.

#4 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,277 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

I did stay at the Adolphus on the same trip as visiting Mansion on Turtle Creek. It is grand.