#18 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

And I’d go back for the chicken cutlet.

exactly and I normally make my son a chicken cutlet before we head out to dinner.  Speaking of diner type restaurants, I am excited to see what is going on with Golden Diner down in Chinatown. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#19 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,351 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

exactly and I normally make my son a chicken cutlet before we head out to dinner.  Speaking of diner type restaurants, I am excited to see what is going on with Golden Diner down in Chinatown. 

Yeah- me to, sort of, but not that much.  Jesus, anything has to be better than the Kiki's places.

#20 sweatshorts

sweatshorts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Yeah- me to, sort of, but not that much.  Jesus, anything has to be better than the Kiki's places.

Are they bad?  I haven't been, but every woman I know my age loves them.

#21 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,802 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

The hours are listed on the website at “Contact”.

Actually, that's on the mobile version of the website.

On the stationary version (what do you call the non-mobile version of a website, anyway?), you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and there they have the specific hours listed.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#22 sweatshorts

sweatshorts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

On the stationary version (what do you call the non-mobile version of a website, anyway?), you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and there they have the specific hours listed.

Desktop version.

#23 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,802 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

Duh.

Thanks.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#24 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:22 AM

Am I the only person in the world who would be really happy if there were just one version of a website?     I hate mobile versions.    They never tell me what I'm looking for (that I found so easily on the desktop before leaving the house.)   They show me what they THINK i want to know but isn't.

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#25 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,351 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

Are they bad?  I haven't been, but every woman I know my age loves them.

I'm probably not a woman your age, but I find the food to be lousy, the comfort level to be lacking, and the service to be so-so.  The pricing is decent however.

Yet the 2 established ones on Division St. (Kiki's and Forget-me-not) are pretty much always busy/packed.  I popped into the newest one (on Division, in the old Sherman's shoes, which she originally opened as a mostly take-out gyro and roast chicken sort of place, but which is now a sit-down extension with a limited menu consisting mostly of gyros, roast chicken and a lot of the apps from Kiki's, earlier this week. I got a gyro "platter," which consisted of fairly tasteless, poorly seasoned pork and a mundane, psuedo Greek salad. I won't be going back to the newest one either.

I don't know if the attraction is because it's on Division St., or that the occasional B-lister might be hovering around (I've helped Chloe (an A-lister, in my book) to light a cigarette while she was sitting on the curb), and have had conversations with some rather well-known artists while at Bacaro.  It's also skate-board central, Metrograph is around the corner, etc. etc.

The area will truly be hell when and if the god-forsaken hotel at the Jarmulowsky Bank building ever opens. 

#26 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,802 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:38 PM

Yet I find OG Kiki's charming.

Bar Loser

MF Old