11 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

So, this is a weird movie.. I don't know who the intended audience is for this film.. My four year old and many of the young kids in the movie theater were distracted and running around.. Well, not my kid but, thanks parents for letting your kids run up and down the aisle as I have to look like a dick because I want my kid to learn how to behave properly in public.  So, yeh, I got about 15 minutes of shut eye in this film.  I wish it was more but, i had to reign my child in..  I wanted to leave but, it's hard to get your bill at the Alamo some times.   The movie was dark and sad and strange... Michael Keaton is a great actor and it was funny how he was to play a psychotic Walt Disney which may have just meant, Walt Disney in a Walt Disney film..  I can't imagine many execs being happy about this direction..    

But, yeh, it was a bore all around.. I don't care about a flying elephant, the character development sucked.. The little girl who liked science was a stand out.. Collin Farrell, eh.  It was all like who cares.. Wow, this movie was a huge miss.   I don't know what the point in reviving this tired all license was. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#2 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

I’m surprised the alamo tolerated that behavior.

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,799 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

The alamo is really strange.. I have had some really stern and kill joy in theater servers... Like, they come over, give the spiel and then I say, hi, may we have a popcorn and two sparkling waters and then they like get super pissed that I don't write it on their card.. I am like, you are directly in front of me, you are just going to enter it into your ipad anyway. There is an air of hall monitor in them.   I don't know the stress or how many theaters they are in charge of but, it just seems like they are always stressed  and curt. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#4 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:51 PM

The original Dumbo was harrowing (apart from the famous musical number).  Mind you, Bambi wasn't a barrel of laughs either.

#5 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,390 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

Bambi tore me to pieces.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#6 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,390 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

This, though, I thought was going to be about real estate prices.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#7 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:45 PM

Actually did LOL.

Bambi being Brooklyn and Manhattan-below-Inwood.

#8 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

Damn elephants - taking over the world!!!

#9 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

I was in college during the Vietnam War era & there was a big demonstration planned. Some of us volunteered to do outreach to get more participants. We walked into a darkened movie theater on campus mid-afternoon, stood up and made an announcement. No real response, except for some giggles. Hmmm... that’s strange. Movie starts. “Community Day” on campus and the theater was full of 4-6 year olds with their parents. It was a showing of Dumbo. Oops.

If it wasn’t too political for this board, I’d talk about trying to re-live that event. Maybe this version of the film would be attended by more adults?

This space available… contact owner.

#10 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,755 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:53 PM

These days, the 6 year olds would take over your social media for you.

#11 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:31 AM

Deleted: off topic. 

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#12 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,558 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

Maybe Ori should serve elephant at Foxface.