2 replies to this topic

#1 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,621 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

Audrey Hepburn would be proud, so would George.

After months attempting to secure NYC's most difficult reservation, we finally went today and it was surprisingly good. Very, very good in fact. 

It's not a dinner spot or a lunch spot for fine food, but it is quintessential NYC breakfast/lunch and they do it as well as anyone. Much better then it should be. The smoked salmon with truffle cream cheese was outstanding. The tuna tartar perfect and the poached salmon was cooked rare and tasted delicious.

Service is beyond skillful - whoever trained the staff - kudos!!! Views by the windows are breathtaking of Central Park.

Desserts were luscious and a nice little wine list. Prices were quite reasonable and portion sizes exceedingly large. The lobster salad looked incredible and will be my choice next time. Been assured there will be no more difficulty in securing a spot.

Every person who considers themselves New Yorkers MUST go there at least once.

And yes, Audrey and George were spotted on the ground floor by the diamond ring display!!!

ETA - the most beautiful and graceful women of every race and origin happen to dine there and it was Peggy who pointed that out to me. Think I was one of three/four men in the place.

#2 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:46 AM

Hopefully, Mickey Rooney was not there.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#3 Rich