Rocky

#17 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

Fai Jai, I don't think any of us were misled by your post Elsewhere (at least I wasn't). When I emailed with Gina, she told me it was an informal tasting. But she left out the part about 60 people per session! I still don't know how they're going to do that... even with Laurel hanging from the provolone, that's still 59 of us. :(

edited to add: Hi Steve, Rocky, and all!
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#18 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:03 PM

Hi there,
I'm here too. Good to see all of you!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#19 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:23 PM

Howdy all!

#20 reese

reese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

hey all,

i'm here too.

#21 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:46 PM

Guess I'm here too !

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#22 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:46 PM

Ok, we're here, so now, what are we gonna do about it? Are we going to try to recreat our former forum here? How will this fit into eatseattle and its mission?

#23 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:57 PM

Ok, we're here, so now, what are we gonna do about it?  Are we going to try to recreat our former forum here?  How will this fit into eatseattle and its mission?

Yes, good question.

I think it's a given that since there are at least 17 PNWers here, there should be a PNW forum here used to chat, set up get togethers or whatever we want to do here, ie. like eG used to be before the new policy went into affect. (and I say that neutrally as a fact).

I still plan to partipate on eG, Eats Seattle, chowhound when I have the time, and here, because participating on one site should not affect our participating on the others. They are all good and have their merits

As a first step, I am going to lobby the board to see if we can get a PNW forum here. I have made a motion on the Forums thread and if anyone would like to back me up and 2nd or 3rd or 4th the motion on the Forum thread, please let your wishes be heard.

Forums thread Click here

#24 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

A PNW forum makes sense to me.

#25 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:46 PM

I have joined! Glad to see so many familiar posters!
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#26 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:40 PM

I think it's a given that since there are at least 17 PNWers here, there should be a PNW forum here used to chat, set up get togethers or whatever we want to do here, ie. like eG used to be before the new policy went into affect. (and I say that neutrally as a fact).

Great idea Leslie! It would be great to have a separate forum for Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia/Portland posters. It seems to make more sense!

And Leslie, thanks for hosting the forum.

#27 beans

beans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:50 PM

Forum hosts now?

We all know people who can be as gratuitously insulting about soup as they can about the Senate. - g.johnson

#28 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:58 PM

Forum hosts now?

nope. We don't have forum hosts. We have 3-4 general admins who oversee the whole site, plus Orik our technocrat. Each admin serves for a 3 month period. It's staggered so that 1 new admin comes in each month as 1 rotates out. At least that is how it has worked to date.

#29 beans

beans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:59 PM

Forum hosts now?

nope. We don't have forum hosts. We have 3-4 general admins who oversee the whole site, plus Orik our technocrat. Each admin serves for a 3 month period. It's staggered so that 1 new admin comes in each month as 1 rotates out. At least that is how it has worked to date.

I am aware of that Leslie. :(

We all know people who can be as gratuitously insulting about soup as they can about the Senate. - g.johnson

#30 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:03 AM

Forum hosts now?

I am aware of that Leslie. :(

You silly, then why did you ask? :(