236 replies to this topic

#1 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

Ok, I've started a new thread on the topic because we were completely skewing the Seattleites speak up thread into the vast outer reaches of off topicness.

On the topic of tacos, I know I've already mentioned that El Rinconsito (despite recent posts about its recent slide that I can neither confirm nor deny) and Tacos Guaymas/Taqueria Guaymas as a few of my recent favorite places for tacos.

And Leslie mentioned several of her favorite new places to buy tacos and taco fixings in Burien and White Center in the Seattleites speak up thread, but let's hear from others what favorite taco trucks, taquerias or other great places to find tacos. From that, maybe we can build an afternoon of eating tacos to be topped off with recreating the tacos that evening.

By the way, for research to Seattle taco newbies, here is a thread on tacos... and here is another one on taco trucks specifically

#2 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:39 PM

thanks girl chow for getting the ball rolling on this one. :(

tacos...mmmmmm....

#3 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:48 PM

Oh yeah, you know I'm all about the tacos!

Ok people, feel free to chime in here. Or tell us what your perfect taco would be like and let's see if we can find someplace to match it.

#4 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:28 AM

My personal favortites are the the one in Northgate at the gas station next to McDonalds's and the one on 148th in Bellevue/Redmond.

Rocky

#5 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:30 AM

Do I really have to bring up Muy Macho again? :( Hell, you could do a full taco crawl just in South Park.

I'm afraid that the last couple times I've been to Rinconsito, I didn't think it was quite up to par.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#6 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:50 AM

My personal favortites are the the one in Northgate at the gas station next to McDonalds's and the one on 148th in Bellevue/Redmond.

Rocky

This is sad, especially because I've known about this place for a few years, but I don't think I've ever been to the taco truck on 148th on the Eastside (of Seattle). I've seen dozens of posts/references to this truck. Do you know what it's called?
Ultimately, traffic and distance is the reason I don't get up to the Eastside much these days... and that I live/work in Pierce County now and have access to taco trucks galore.

#7 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:49 PM

I'm totally up for joining a taco crawl, mainly because I have no idea where to find taco trucks or even a good taco. Say when and where, we'll be there!

#8 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:46 PM

Rocky

This is sad, especially because I've known about this place for a few years, but I don't think I've ever been to the taco truck on 148th on the Eastside (of Seattle). I've seen dozens of posts/references to this truck. Do you know what it's called?
Ultimately, traffic and distance is the reason I don't get up to the Eastside much these days... and that I live/work in Pierce County now and have access to taco trucks galore.

You know for the life of me I can't remember, but I will try and make it over there soon and write it down.

Rocky

#9 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:44 PM

Rocky

You know for the life of me I can't remember, but I will try and make it over there soon and write it down.

Rocky

I have a doctor who is just off Meridian right by this location. Usually my appointments are in the morning so I'venever seen them open but I have one coming up that is in the afternoon. I know what I'll be doing afterwards.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#10 white lotus

white lotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:29 PM

Hey, include me in the taco crawl. wl :(

#11 jbonne

jbonne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:33 PM

as rockdoggydog asked about the taco truck in the 76 station:

>> the one on 148th in Bellevue/Redmond

i think it's called Taqueria Guadelajara, but don't hold me to that. it's very good, but still for my money i'd go with Tacos Asaderos (aka the taco bus) on Rainier Ave. South, or Dos Hermanos (aka the Columbia City taco truck) a few blocks farther south.

all three quite good -- and my benchmark is the taco de lengua, btw.

#12 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

Here's a guide to taco trucks from the PI:

http://seattlepi.nws...aco_trucks.html
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#13 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:06 PM

Rocky

So Rocky, what do you like at the one near Northgate?

Jan
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#14 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 07:51 PM

Hey all:

A post on another site about taco trucks reminded me that a while back, in another reality, we talked about getting together for a taco crawl. AFAIK, nothing ever came of that, but I'd love to revive the idea if there's any interest.

Cam and I are busy this coming weekend and next (hence our absence from the Apple dinner), but I think it would be fun to do this the weekend of March 12 and 13. Maybe we could tackle South County one day and Seattle on the other, with folks participating in either or both as their interests and schedules allow? Hit a mixture of taco trucks and taquerias, etc.

Of course, if someone else wants to take the lead, I am happy to defer; this wasn't my idea originally and I am too lazy to go back and figure out whose it was! :blush:

~A
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#15 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

Anita, I'm glad you remembered this. There was so much activity being deleted that it's hard to keep it all straight!

This sounds like fun. Count me in for at least one of the days.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM