• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Lauren @ May 6 2008, 09:53 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Eden @ May 5 2008, 02:38 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Lauren @ May 5 2008, 01:27 PM) View Post
I just read about this web site: Yum Tacos

It's California centric now but it looks like you can add taco trucks from anywhere on there. I thought it would be a nice resource for when that taco truck craving hits.

If I understand it correctly you have to make a suggestion & the site owners then do the actual adding of the taco truck for you, perhaps we should contact them first & see if they're willign to be flooded with PNW Taco Trucks.
If so it would be great to be able to pull that info up so easily!

I posted on the site and got this response
BRING THEM ON!

I want this list to be as complete as possible. Send us all your taco trucks. The world needs to know the location of all Seattle, Portland, Eugene, Vancouver, Salem et. al. taco trucks.

Yours,

Joshua

So I think we are safe to start adding our trucks to the map!

Oops, but then I got this - I guess we better wait a week.......
Actually, if you haven't added any so far, wait a week or so. I'm going to migrate the map over to MapBuzz and open it up so you guys can add your trucks directly.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#212 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

Lauren, thanks for finding that site and writing to them for us ... 1 week til we can post our taco trucks on the map, too... great news! I have not visited a taco truck in at least 6 months and I am wayyyy over due!

#213 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

speaking of which, has anyone tried the taco truck parked at the Home Despot up on Aurora? I drove past this morning & they had a sign out saying they had fresh tamales
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#214 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(Leslie @ May 6 2008, 11:13 AM) View Post
Lauren, thanks for finding that site and writing to them for us ... 1 week til we can post our taco trucks on the map, too... great news! I have not visited a taco truck in at least 6 months and I am wayyyy over due!

Yes, thanks! This will be fun and a good resource. I need to get myself to one soon, too.

Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#215 Not A Speck Of Cereal

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:27 PM

Another article about LA area Taco Trucks. Ah, brings back fond memories of going to high-school there.

"Hey, I'd like a nice restaurant recommendation... for me to POOP on!"

Chris
Montlake, Seattle, Earth

#216 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

Seems as if there's a big difference between 'taco trucks' here and in LA. Trucks here are required to have a permanent location and be off of the street, the two issues that seem to be causing the problems in LA.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#217 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(tighe @ Mar 24 2008, 07:19 AM) View Post
Noticed yesterday that there's now a taco wagon in a parking lot at 4th & Michigan. The really great part is that there's a bahn mi wagon right next to it! Will have to give them a try.

Went by today for some (late) lunch. Unfortunately the bahn mi place was out of sandwiches, but has some perfectly serviceable spring rolls. The taco wagon (Mexica) only had al pastor available, which is one of my favs anyways. Very good tacos, especially the salsa which was spectacular. Plenty of heat, but real flavor complexity too. Worth checking out if you're in the area.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#218 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(Eden @ May 6 2008, 12:23 PM) View Post
speaking of which, has anyone tried the taco truck parked at the Home Despot up on Aurora? I drove past this morning & they had a sign out saying they had fresh tamales

Got around to trying this truck for breakfast on Thursday. I really liked this truck a lot. They had a nice list of options for meats including cochinita pibil. The lengua was well flavoured and soft without being mushy and the pibil was really excellent. The best thing though was the tamale. It is the banana leaf wrapped variety and very moist and cheap at $2. This truck is definitely going on my list of go to trucks. One of the other customers at the truck - Mike from Joule, said that they have really good breakfast burritos too.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#219 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:54 PM

the truck in Wallingford was closed today with a sign saying they were having plumbing repairs
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#220 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

I think I'm becoming an El Camion tamale addict blush.gif I love the spicy masa!

FYI they are open till about 10pm so you can have tamales early or late rolleyes.gif

A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#221 TamIam

TamIam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Alas, the really good Asadero Taco Truck south of MLK and Graham is no longer. It looks to be a victim of progress as the entire mall is vacant due to light rail or related contruction.

Does anybody know if Asadero has re-opened in a new location?
Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented. -- J. Esther

#222 christy

christy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

I just tried El Camion. The tamales were great! Big, too. Next time I'll ask for some salsa to go with them. I did get their chips and salsa but it was just store bought chips and a very small pico de gallo. The fish taco was fine but not special. The Mexican hot chocolate was interesting. It tasted like that almond drink with some chocolate and cinnamon.

I am also loving the veggie burrito at the truck on 45th next to Winchells. It's pretty gringo-ized I think, with grilled mushrooms and zucchini and sour cream, but it's delicious.

#223 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

Five years (ish) after my/our first posts on taco truck-ing about town, I'm sorta in the mood to taco truck around again. Your thoughts, please?
Since I'm so Pierce County centric, I could put together a Tacoma/Pierce County taco eating tour. Or Burien sounds pretty sweet. It is taco truck weather, after all.
I miss you food peeps.

#224 scrat

scrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

I'm up for another crawl. How does Sat 6/27 look?

#225 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(scrat @ Jun 10 2009, 09:38 PM) View Post
I'm up for another crawl. How does Sat 6/27 look?

That would most likely work for me. I've never been on one of these but I do love tacos.