236 replies to this topic

#226 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:11 PM

love the idea of another crawl, but the 27th is a bit dicey for me...
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#227 Thomas C

Thomas C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

This topic is very intriguing, and exciting. I love tacos, born and raised on tacos. There was some talk of a map but I didn't quite get if it was done or where it is. I think a taco truck map is one of the best ideas I've ever heard of. I'll have to start one for Anchorage. They are becoming quite a trend, like java, well....kinda sorta.

#228 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

I wuld love to crawl but I honestly don't think I can until August at the earliest.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#229 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

I'd be interested. 6/27 could work. And Thomas C's idea of putting a map together is spot on.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#230 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

I'd love to join the crawl!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#231 scrat

scrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

Hey folks - this sorta dropped off of my radar - and we still haven't heard back yet from Girl Chow. Perhaps we should plan a date in the future when we can get more organized?

The Taco Map Project (TTMP)
I would love to take on part of the map project - I can collect and assemble the data. Anyone have any ideas about creating a webpage with an interactive map? Or should we leave it simple and just create a list to start?

Anyways - if you know a taco truck location - send me the details via pm. Info needed would include:

Name
Address
City
Neighborhood (Beacon Hill, Burien,etc - so we can sort by hood when doing a crawl)
Intersection or Cross Streets
Eat in (tent, bus) or no seating

Taco Ratings
If you have eaten there, how many tacos would you give it on a scale of 1-5. 5 tacos being the best, 1 taco horrible, 0 or less - call the health department!

Favorite Item eaten
Specialties

Thanks all - let me know what you think of for a new date!
Pat

#232 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

You can do a shared Google map

QUOTE(scrat @ Jun 24 2009, 09:32 PM) View Post
Hey folks - this sorta dropped off of my radar - and we still haven't heard back yet from Girl Chow. Perhaps we should plan a date in the future when we can get more organized?

The Taco Map Project (TTMP)
I would love to take on part of the map project - I can collect and assemble the data. Anyone have any ideas about creating a webpage with an interactive map? Or should we leave it simple and just create a list to start?

Anyways - if you know a taco truck location - send me the details via pm. Info needed would include:

Name
Address
City
Neighborhood (Beacon Hill, Burien,etc - so we can sort by hood when doing a crawl)
Intersection or Cross Streets
Eat in (tent, bus) or no seating

Taco Ratings
If you have eaten there, how many tacos would you give it on a scale of 1-5. 5 tacos being the best, 1 taco horrible, 0 or less - call the health department!

Favorite Item eaten
Specialties

Thanks all - let me know what you think of for a new date!
Pat

Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#233 scrat

scrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:46 AM

Obviously, I am clueless. But I can be trained! I now have a map started - send me some info and I will get it on there!

Perhaps we could call for a Taco Truck day, where as many of who can, go to their nearest truck, sample and send in the info and results!

#234 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:15 PM

Just discovered that October 4th is National Taco day - let's all be sure to celebrate when it rolls around rolleyes.gif
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#235 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

Just discovered a taco truck on Boren (the section that nobody knows exists), just north of Harrison, adjacent to the new Amazon-ville. Adobada and lengua tacos were solid and are the best lunch value in the area by some margin.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#236 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE(tighe @ Jun 30 2010, 01:54 PM) View Post
Just discovered a taco truck on Boren (the section that nobody knows exists), just north of Harrison, adjacent to the new Amazon-ville. Adobada and lengua tacos were solid and are the best lunch value in the area by some margin.

One modifier...skip the carnitas. Dry and flavorless, two things carnitas should never be.

#237 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

Twice now I've eaten at a taco truck in on the west side of Pac Hwy in Des Moines around S 244th that is great. I would put it on the level of El Camion in terms of quality. South bound on Pac Hwy, what you see on the truck is 'Cocina Mexicana', though I don't think that's actually the name. One thing that sets this truck apart is that they offer at least 8 different kinds of meat, including barbacoa, birria and some nasty bits. Tacos are $0.99 per, amazing value.