114 replies to this topic

#106 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

Well I'll add something to this thread... the Syncline Rosé is now available in stores smile.gif And while I've not opened one yet, the initial report is that its as good as last years.

eta: Interesting to read back through this thread. I've done quite a bit of wine tasting in the past 3-4 years and my palate has really changed.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to 'keep an open mind' when it comes to wine. You may think you dislike wine xyz or wines from abc, but keep trying them, and keep trying new varietals. it just may lead you in new and interesting directions. smile.gif
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#107 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE(malarkey @ Apr 23 2009, 01:24 PM) View Post
Well I'll add something to this thread... the Syncline Rosé is now available in stores smile.gif And while I've not opened one yet, the initial report is that its as good as last years.

eta: Interesting to read back through this thread. I've done quite a bit of wine tasting in the past 3-4 years and my palate has really changed.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is to 'keep an open mind' when it comes to wine. You may think you dislike wine xyz or wines from abc, but keep trying them, and keep trying new varietals. it just may lead you in new and interesting directions. smile.gif

I think I just saw it for $16.99 at Ballard Market
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#108 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Apr 23 2009, 02:49 PM) View Post

I've also seen the Syncline at Met Market Sandpoint and at the Pike and Western wine markert....I think the price was the same as at Ballard Mkt. Time to grab a few bottles!
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#109 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(SeaGal @ Apr 23 2009, 06:49 PM) View Post
QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Apr 23 2009, 02:49 PM) View Post

I've also seen the Syncline at Met Market Sandpoint and at the Pike and Western wine markert....I think the price was the same as at Ballard Mkt. Time to grab a few bottles!

OK, so now I've tasted it. smile.gif I like this wine, it's dry, which is something a lot of domestics can't seem to pull off~ and its got that light summer fruit thing going. There's an after-note that gives it away as a domestic imho, but it's a very nice wine. QPR? Well, at $17 it's a bit steep, considering I can still pick up good French and Spanish rosés for $10-$11...

#110 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:58 AM

I had the one that Jan & I like with the sun on the label the other night and the 07 was very good. I think it was $12 but I'll double check as I need to buy more
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#111 Allyson

Allyson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

I bought the 2008 Syncline Rosé at Whole Foods for $15.99 or something like that. When I actually make some food that will go with it, I'll report back on my thoughts.

#112 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(Allyson @ May 12 2009, 09:44 AM) View Post
I bought the 2008 Syncline Rosé at Whole Foods for $15.99 or something like that. When I actually make some food that will go with it, I'll report back on my thoughts.

Rosé goes with everything! smile.gif

#113 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(little ms foodie @ May 6 2009, 07:58 PM) View Post
I had the one that Jan & I like with the sun on the label the other night and the 07 was very good. I think it was $12 but I'll double check as I need to buy more

Sorin?

The 08 is out now.

#114 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

I had the Syncline rose recently with salmon recently, good pairing. I liked it a lot, but probably not more than some roses that are $5/btl cheaper.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#115 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

I went to Esquin and picked up a bunch of rosés. Then I went to Whole Paycheck and I saw most of the rosés I picked up at Esquin, and amazingly enough, the prices are the same! Since when does that happen?!