Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

Bella Cosa Paella Party
Saturday, April 30th 1 - 4pm

"We're throwing our first ever annual Paella Party! We're inviting our customers to share Paella samples along with a few new Spanish wines and other Spanish tapas. Recipe cards and Paella Kits available so you can throw your own party!"

Bella Cosa Specialty Food & Wares
1711 N. 45th St ~ Wallingford
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#32 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:43 AM

Slow Food Seattle Annual Meeting

Please plan to join us for our annual meeting
This Saturday, April 30th from 11:30-1:30
At the Montlake Community Center 1618 E Calhoun St.
Please bring your suggestions and ideas and meet the board.
A light lunch will be served.

#33 elswinger

elswinger

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

Anita, do you sell Medira (sp?) Rainwater? I was going to go buy my boss a bottle for her retirement/birthday at The Spanish Table, but if you sell it I would like to support a fellow eGulleteer.

#34 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

Hi Elswinger:

I don't sell anything other than the occasional book on Half.com! I was just reposting the Bella Cosa invitation (hence the quotes). :blink:

~A

#35 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

Next week, on Thursday the 19th the 5 Spot is celebrating it's 15th birthday, everything on the menu is $5 from 4pm until midnight.

Rocky

#36 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:42 AM

Next week, on Thursday the 19th the 5 Spot is celebrating it's 15th birthday, everything on the menu is $5 from 4pm until midnight.

Rocky

and that's in my neighborhood!! HMMM...
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#37 LaurieA-B

LaurieA-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

May 15 is Smoke-Free Sunday--visit your favorite smoke-free restaurant.

#38 schielke

schielke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:29 PM

May 15 is Smoke-Free Sunday--visit your favorite smoke-free restaurant.

This is such a great idea. I have always been torn on the smoking bans since it doesnt gell with my libertarian sensibilities. I am happy to see an effort to get business owners to have the chance to sell themselves as smoke free and see that there is a huge market for it.

#39 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

Rocky

Thanks for the head's up on this Rocky, I'm eating leftover honey fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans for lunch!

Dayne and I had a lot of fun last night at the 5 Spot but it was PACKED!! They even had a DJ set up outside! We sat at the bar so we could keep an eye on the game. Had the deep fried artichokes, 2 1/2 crafts of Sangiovese, me the fried chicken, Dayne the brisket and a fudge, caramel and pecan sunday for dessert....for a grand total of $30!!! :) The bartender said we were the winners so far that night at the bar for the most money saved with a total of $38. We stuffed outselves! haha!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#40 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:50 PM

Check out the Seattle Shake thread in a little bit for our foray into $5 night at 5 Spot.

Rocky

#41 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

Just posted this over in the On Screen forum, Kitchen Confidential the show has been picked up by Fox for the fall, it will premier sometime in Sept/Oct in the Monday 830 PM slot. Here's the link to the TV Tome information page. Kitchen Confidential

Rocky

#42 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

"Serafina is embarking on its 15th year in business. Beginning Monday, June 13th, we'll mark the occasion with a week of favorite dishes from the past as nightly specials. Come visit us to savor Gamberi Fra Diavola, Pollo Saltimbocca, Penne con Carciofi, Penne alla Cubana, Linguine alla Puttanesca, and many more. We'll have live music all week including artists featured on our cd Strictly Serafina. Thank you for your contribution to our continued success. We look forward to seeing you!"

Serafina on Eastlake
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#43 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

From the Tom Douglas newsletter this weekend:

Feast & Fete

Join us for a tasting dinner, led Eric Tanaka, our Executive Chef and James Beard Award Winner. Eric will prepare four different salmon species ~ Chinook, Coho, Sockeye, and Chum, highlighting each unique and complex flavors.

Chinook Winery, owned by our good friends Kay and Clay, both enthusiastic supporters of Long Live the Kings, will be wine pairing the dinner with their new spring releases.

“Silver” event tickets are available for $150 per person and include dinner, wine, tax and gratuity. All-inclusive “King” tickets are $200 per person, and include a limited-edition Long Live the Kings art poster and VIP event seating. Seating is limited and reservations are required. To purchase tickets, please call 1-800-838-3006 or visit www.brownpapertickets.com.
edited to add the date:
Dahlia Lounge
Thursday, June 30th
6 - 9 pm
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#44 scarlett

scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:02 AM

I've recently discovered some fun foodie events happinging around town. Lots of them seems to fly below the media radar, so I'm wondering....anyone have any fun foodie events to report on?

I'll start. Next Monday is the Culinary Communion's open house for their new Eastside location.

Here's a link:
http://www.culinaryc...com/events.html

And the details...Check it out:

Eastside Culinary Communion Open House: Monday, August 1, 2005, 6-9 pm
We'd like to welcome you to our Eastside location at the kitchens of Cuizam! in Kirkland, introduce you to our chefs, and ply you with food and wine. Join us Monday, August 1, from 6 to 9 pm, for an Open House to show off the space, celebrate our new Eastside classes, and just say hi. Bring family, friends, and anyone who'd like to learn more about CC—or just have a bite to eat and enjoy a great party!

Meet the Chefs
Participate in Hands-On Cooking Lessons: drop-in sessions on homemade pasta (take some home!), hand-tossed pizza, homemade ice cream, pâté, gougères, and more
Enjoy Appetizers & Snacks
Sip Wine & Beer
Win Door Prizes & Drawings
Kids are welcome! Drop by for a few minutes or a few hours. Directions to Cuizam! are available here.

You do not have to RSVP—in fact, please feel free to just drop in at the last minute—but if you know for sure that you're planning to attend, we'd love it if you could shoot us an email to help us in planning. We hope you can bring a friend! Grab someone who needs to know about CC and bring them along for a good time.

See you at the party!
Traca
Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy
Examiner.com - Seattle Food Scene

#45 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

Welcome Scarlett! Glad you made it to the party! :blink:
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM