1199 replies to this topic

#16 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:11 PM

It looks like another Peet's Coffee is opening. This time on Greenlake next to the Subway. I hear their Sumatra is very good, can't wait to try it.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#17 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:11 PM

In the old Garlic Tree location are signs for a new restaurant called 94 Stewart (also the address). They say it will be a NW Bistro serving food, cocktails and an extensive wine list.

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#18 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:22 AM

Word 'round the campfire is that Goldberg's Famous Delicatessen is coming to the Factoria zone, with all-day breakfast and late-night dining.
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#19 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

I hear that Nonna Maria has closed. There are signs up saying something about an Indian restaurant coming soon.

#20 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:18 PM

I hear that Nonna Maria has closed. There are signs up saying something about an Indian restaurant coming soon.

oh goody! I've been looking for a good Indian restaurant..... ;)

LOL!

Nonna Maria- i only stopped in once, it was too busy before a Sonics Game and I never thought to go back.
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#21 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:49 AM

Apparently Au Bouchon is dead!
We went by for lunch today and found out from some workmen who were waiting to get in & start taking things down: They said that yesterday was the last day.

The scary thing is there are no signs and when we called yesterday there was nothing on the answering machine to tell you ;)

The place was so popular with so many people I know that it's hard to imagine it wasn't doing well...
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#22 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

The place was so popular with so many people I know that it's hard to imagine it wasn't doing well...

I feel really bad. Paul and I liked this place a lot and the owner (who's name escapes me right now) is a really nice guy. Obviously we needed to go more often.....

#23 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:36 PM

We went by for lunch today and found out from some workmen who were waiting to get in & start taking things down: They said that yesterday was the last day.

The scary thing is there are no signs and when we called yesterday there was nothing on the answering machine to tell you ;)

Maybe we can get this moved to the Farwell thread so others know??

I also feel bad for the guy, he was one of the partners of the french bistro that use to be on lower QA- Figaro.

The other partner ownes Viola!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#24 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

Blue C Sushi in U-Village is now open. The space is very similar to the Fremont location, and despite it being the first day the service was smooth and the food was just fine. Remember, it not just sushi, it's kaiten sushi. ;)

Rocky

#25 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:09 PM

Blue C Sushi in U-Village is now open. Remember, it not just sushi, it's kaiten sushi. :blink:

OK, this place is on my list. I eat dinner before class every Wednesday.. and next week is open... :lol:
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#26 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

Boat Street is back! Yeah! Renee and Susan have found a space, don't know when they'll be open yet.

Went to Ibiza Dinner Club last Saturday for a pre-clubbing dinner and drinks thing. The space is beautiful, people are pretty, and their dishwasher is turned up too high. The drinks were okay, nothing to blow my socks off with prices slightly above average. We all ordered tapas, two to three a person. I had lamb lollipops, croquettes, and carpaccio. The lamb lollipops were little rib chops frenched and pan fried, you got four for $6, a pretty good price, they were very tasty and with just a little char on the outside and absolutely not over done on the inside, can't stand overdone lamb. The croquettes were portugese/japanese in style, thicker crisper crust, and potatoes with meat and cheese spiked throughout for the filling. This was pretty good, with a nice crunchy crust and the filling held up well. The sauce that was served with this was some sort of roasted pepper aioli that was totally insipid, not bland, not flavorless, just boring.

The carpaccio, I love carpaccio, I order it at a drop of a hat and enjoy it any way I can get it. This carpaccio was bland, the relish in the center that was served with it, overpowered everything, no beefy taste, no olive oil, no capers, no cheese. How can you serve carpaccio without cheese!? I can forgive no greens, but no cheese, olive oil or capers? Sweet baton twirling Christ!

Calming down, fear is the mind killer, ohm mane padme hum, ok. The ceviche was excellent, it come served in a half a coconut that we also ate, the waiter said we were the first people he had seen that realized that the container was edible. Pretty people are stupid. (I don't include anyone here in that gross generalization :blink: ) As for the dishwasher being turned up too high, we received several glasses where the rim was chipped and was dropping pieces into our drinks, our waiter told us that when he interviewed for the job they handed him a glass with the same problem.

So Ibiza, pretty, ok drinks, some decent items on the menu, but I probably won't be back soon. The good news is soon, Boat Street will be back in business.

Rocky

#27 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:28 PM

maybe already mentioned but Africana (sp?) is gone on 1st in Belltown and Wild Fish Sushi is open in it's place.
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#28 sparrowsfall

sparrowsfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

Mentioned on another thread, but FTR: Burke's in Ballard is gone (finally), replaced by Volterra.
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." —Dalai Lama

#29 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:57 PM

Just read that Kaspar's is closing it's restaurant business to do catering full time as of June 11th

Seattle Times
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#30 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:45 AM

Mentioned on another thread, but FTR: Burke's in Ballard is gone (finally), replaced by Volterra.

The menu at Volterra looks really excellent. If the execution is as good as the descriptins, I may have a new favorite restaurant....

Has anyone been yet?
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner