www.bloatitup.com

#17 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:57 PM

I love that even though Anita went out of her way to comply with the event policy, they still deleted her post. It's crazy over there....
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#18 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:01 AM

Oh yes, kids and kittens... there's lots of new intrigue on the Patty Patrol front. No doubt that I will feel compelled to share the whole sordid mess at Tighe's BBQ, once I get a few beers in me.

It's the controversy that wouldn't die, and proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished.

~A
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#19 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:04 AM

Oh yes, kids and kittens... there's lots of new intrigue on the Patty Patrol front. No doubt that I will feel compelled to share the whole sordid mess at Tighe's BBQ, once I get a few beers in me.

It's the controversy that wouldn't die, and proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished.

~A

Can we have you shot-gun a couple right off the bat and get straight to the dirt? ;)
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#20 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 12:41 AM

Hey, it's YOUR party... ;)

#21 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:40 AM

~A

Can we have you shot-gun a couple right off the bat and get straight to the dirt? ;)

Shots of Cachasa for Anita!

Rocky

#22 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

no fair, some of the curious & frustrated-with-a-certain-forum's-policies can't make it to the BBQ!

And do we need to put on our ninja emoticons ;) before we discuss this, in case there's an official from "over there" listening in :D
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#23 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

Paul and I had lunch at Sterling Cafe yesterday. What a truly strange place. The menu talks about everything being all natural, filtered water, etc. They even purify the air! But the wife of the owner/chef operates the salon next door and they are open to each other on the inside. As I ate my lunch I watched a woman having a manicure. What's the point of purifying the air if you are going to have it open to a salon? Anyway, on to the burger.......

I ordered my burger medium rare with cheddar cheese, all burgers come with grilled onions. The food took a really long time to come out and, when it did, Paul's corned beef sandwich had turned into a reuben. Luckily he liked it so a it was a happy accident, as we didn't have time to wait for them to remake a sandwich. The burger came on an untoasted ciabatta roll from Essential Baking with good-tasting thousand island dressing (the same that was used on Paul's reuben) on the bottom of the roll and ketchup
:D on the top. It was also topped with a nice piece of romaine lettuce and a couple slices of decent tomatoes. The burger came medium to medium well and was seasoned with more garlic and onion powder than I prefer. The burger was so drippy and the toughness of the ciabatta roll made it very difficult to eat neatly. A nice touch is the cloth napkins but I what I really needed was a stack of paper napkins to wipe off my face and hands after each bite. The burger comes with Kettle corn chips and I ordered an organic german pilsner to go along with it. The corn chips seemed an odd match - I'd see if I could substitute a side salad next time. What am I saying, next time. While it wasn't an awful burger, I'm sorry to say there will be no next time.

Speaking of ciabatta rolls, I was at Trader Joe's this week and overheard this elderly woman point out the ciabatta rolls to her husband and explain to him that those were the rolls they use at Jack in the Box.
;)
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#24 creepygirl

creepygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:32 AM

Boyfriend and I went to Sterling Cafe on Saturday, too. My impressions of the both the burger are the restaurant are pretty much the same as Lauren's. I got a bacon cheeseburger with Cheddar and boyfriend got a cheeseburger with Monterey Jack. We both asked for medium, and they were admirably pink on the inside. My ciabatta roll was soggy by the time it was put in front of me, and the burger was super-drippy and juicy. I can't imagine the roll has the structural integrity to hold a double meat burger, if anyone were to order one. The bacon was ok, but I probably wouldn't order it again.

#25 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:56 PM

We were going to go tonight but they are closed ;)

maybe this weekend.............
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#26 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

I was google-ing "Patty Patrol" and came up with this rather amusing hit:

Chevron Cars

My favorite bits:

When the going gets tough, Patty Patrol is always there to help you out.
Patty Patrol can really move in an emergency.
Patty Patrol is always ready to serve and protect. So, open the door and get in for the ride. It's bound to be an adventure.

#27 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:17 PM

I was google-ing "Patty Patrol" and came up with this rather amusing hit:

Chevron Cars

My favorite bits:

When the going gets tough, Patty Patrol is always there to help you out.
Patty Patrol can really move in an emergency.
Patty Patrol is always ready to serve and protect. So, open the door and get in for the ride. It's bound to be an adventure.

;) :D :D
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#28 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:11 PM

Yeah...Sterling Cafe was closed LAST night as well...Grrr... :D :D ;)

However.... a surprisingly good burger was had at The Ram...

"Huh?" you say...."The Ram? In U-village...Right? The Frat Boy Hangout? The Sorority Slosh Pad? The Alumni Atrocity?" (Well...ok, maybe those last two were kind of dumb....)

They DO feature "Simplot" fries...

Gotta go, more later...at work :D :D ;)
www.bloatitup.com

#29 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

Yeah...Sterling Cafe was closed LAST night as well...Grrr... :D :D ;)

However.... a surprisingly good burger was had at The Ram...

"Huh?" you say...."The Ram? In U-village...Right? The Frat Boy Hangout? The Sorority Slosh Pad? The Alumni Atrocity?" (Well...ok, maybe those last two were kind of dumb....)

They DO feature "Simplot" fries...

Gotta go, more later...at work :D :D ;)

Did you get the Wagyu patty?

Rocky

#30 ccrotty

ccrotty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:54 AM

Did you get the Wagyu patty?

Rocky

I was there, and we did the Wagyu thang. The burger was perfectly creditable, but not mind-blowing, and it was expensive. It had a nice, beefy taste, but the texture was not particularly tender. The fries were Sysco specials but, as Fay Jai said, proudly advertised. Weird. All the burgers came with a big stack of very tasty pickles.

If I were at the U-Village and felt burger-ish, sure, unless there was a UW game on, in which case I'm guessing the place turns into a zoo.

c