18573 replies to this topic

#18571 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Another roast chicken...brined in full fat buttermilk. Cured meyer lemon zest,thyme and garlic slipped under the skin,spatchcocked and roasted on top of potatoes and carrots....a lifelong quest for the evasive wonderful one,this one ranked pretty high. Three spins and a snap for the Dartagnan Green Circle chickens...
G*d is in the details...

#18572 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:58 AM

We recently bought a Kitchenaid 6 quart mixer, along with the ice cream and pasta maker attachments. For dinner, bad ass Mrs. P (with her one good hand), made homemade fettuccine with shrimp & peppers, with a homemade pesto sauce, and marshmallow ice cream (with regular & toasted marshmallows) :P Not bad for her first time using the pasta and ice cream attachments. I can imagine what she could make with two good hands ;) What a difference fresh pasta makes. These Kitchenaid products are so well made.

Pruvtuwh.jpg 

uzD1AQLh.jpg

TtCU0Bkh.jpg

lD5DtLEh.jpg

YCzcCK5h.jpg

#18573 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,519 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:05 PM

LOVE my KA pasta roller-cutter. I could see it being relatively easy to use one-handed. They have a new extruder attachment for spaghetti, bucatini, etc. that I covet. But I hardly ever use roller-cutter--we just don't eat that much pasta, so i can't justify getting one.

Mrs. P's pasta looks great, and I love the drying rack. And btw: I do the same with my flours, transferring to square jars and taping on the labels. Great minds.

You other peopled wrong. -- Orik, 22 November 2017 - 3:03 AM

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#18574 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Thanks Suzanne!

Yes, I know the 3 piece pasta roller-cutter is expensive, but I have a Bed Bath & Beyond credit card, where you get 5% off of all purchases at BBB and Harmon's. During a 1 month period, between Thanksgiving & Christmas, they ran a special of 5% off for all charges made at a restaurant. Since Mrs. P & I dine at least twice a week, we were able to amass $120.00 in BBB gift checks during that period. BBB also has a cool annual membership special, where for $30.00 you get 20% off of all purchases plus free shipping. It's well worth it. So between the combined 25% off using a BBB card, plus the $120.00 in accumulated BBB gift cards, we got a very nice discount on it.