Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rocky

#32 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:18 PM

Is anyone else besides Anita and I going to the Bayless event on Wednesday?

Rocky

#33 LaurieA-B

LaurieA-B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

I had a delicious time at the Boulevard/Medrich dinner at Union last night. I'll post more details later (or perhaps Rocky will include pictures). The salad, oddly enough, was to die for. It was fun to sit with Rocky since he's a Union regular, knows everyone and everything. And fun to sit with Alice, of course, since she's my goddess of brownies. Both books look great.

#34 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

The Boulevard dinner last night was absolutely wonderful, both the food and the company. Thanks so much to Judy and Kim for putting this together and to Ethan and his crew for doing their usual bang up job. It was great to see Laurie for the first time in what seems like ages. Nancy Oakes, Pam Mazolla, and Alice Medrich were all wonderful and very nice and I had a lto of fun sharing ideas and learning from them. Here are the pictures of dinner.

Menu
Posted Image

Endive Salad
Posted Image

Cauliflower Soup with Lobster
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:06 AM

Fried Chicken

Posted Image

Posted Image

Biscuits and honey

Posted Image

Salt crusted steak

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dessert

Posted Image

Rocky

#36 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:20 PM

Right off, I'm sorry I forgot my camera and I have no pictures of the Bayless event. It was a bunch of fun however, I sat with Anita, Judy, Kim, and several very nice people, right behind Rick Bayless. The night started with margaritas and shrimp tacos, the tacos came on fresh tortillas that were made on the spot and were absolutely fantastic. These were followed a salad of butter lettuce with a sort of roasted pepper relish that was really well balanced and had fresh cotija sprinkled on top. Next up was a spice rubbed and lime grilled salmon that was accompanied by a gret avacado relish with roasted shitakes in it that gave it a subtle smoky bacony flavor. This was followed by a birria style goat dish that had a nice flavor with good chile flavors that were well balanced. Dessert was a pineapple upside down cake topped with a tequila whipped cream, I love pineapple upside down cake, it's so comforting. Rick was very pleasant and had a lot of energy, plus he made a suggestion for making buche in a carnitas style that I'm going to have to try now. I had a wonderful time and as always it was great to see everyone who was there.

Rocky

#37 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:33 PM

We had a fantastic time last night at the Chiarello event held at Serafina. Dayne and I were quite honored to sit with Susan (Serafina's owner), Michael Chiarello, Judy, Kim, et all. Michael is so funny and had everyone laughing all evening.

The food was very good, we had a very nice antipasta plate to start which had boccachini, polenta crostini with pesto, Salumi, chickpeas sauteed in garlic and sage.

Halibut poached in olive oil with roasted fennel was my favorite!

pumpkin risotto had amazing bouquet to it (but mine was a tad underdone)

roast rack of pork with sour cherry stuffing and braised endive was a huge plate of food.

Olive Oil cake with vin santo whipped cream was the perfect ending.

And the wines!!! Chiarello brought 2 of his wines, a Zin that stole the show i think and a Cab that was so yummy!! I'll be searching these out....
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#38 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

Anyone else going to the Nov 29 Mangoes and Chutney dinner at Union Bay? Scarlett started a MF table and Dani and I are going to go. Hope we see some of you guys there.

Rocky

#39 scarlett

scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

The Nov 29 Mangoes and Chutney event was cancelled....not sure why. Bummer.
Traca
Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy
Examiner.com - Seattle Food Scene

#40 heyjude

heyjude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:50 AM

We are so sorry about that. The restaurant refused to do the dinner for the 8 or so guests who made reservations. He said it was too much work to do food they were not familiar with. We would have gladly made it an intimate party. We knew it would be small the Tues. after Thanksgiving. Jeffrey couldn't have been more wonderful and the book is gorgeous. Let me know if you want a signed edition for yourself or to give as a gift.

#41 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

Since many of you attended the Boulevard cooks & books event -- and own the Boulevard cookbook -- I'd appreciate it if any of you who have actually cooked from the book might comment on my query over in the Kitchen Letters thread.

We now return you to you regularly-scheduled thread. :blush:
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#42 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

Is anyone else going the Greg Atkinson dinner tomorrow night at Lark?

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#43 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

And....is anyone going to the Bourdain dinner at the unfashionably early 6PM seating??? If we end up sitting alone at one of those tables up against the wall I will cry....

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#44 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

Char come over to the dark side and sit down at 8. ;) It'll be fun I promise.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#45 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:43 PM

Last night was the Greg Atkinson dinner at Lark and it was a wonderful dinner. Greg was very friendly and gracious and John Sundstrom and his crew turned out an excelletn dinner. Thanks to everyone for putting together a fun time.

Lark
Posted Image

The menu
Posted Image

Our Heroes
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Parmesean Crisps with Sun Dried Tomato Jam
Posted Image

Sorrel and Blue Cheese Sandwiches
Posted Image

Shrimp, I can't remember the name but the sauce was totally divine
Posted Image

Three Shellfish with Citrus
Posted Image

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant