#136 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:26 AM

So...

I Know, I know...It belongs in Farewell and welcome, but I just think that it is more apropos here....

A buddy of mine tells me Grubz Grill is gone....Sorry Rocky...

I think, though, that this is its replacement...

http://thestranger.c...t?oid=596430

Hmmmm...I think a visit is in order...Rocky?

~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#137 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

Sign me up too! Love the chiecken & waffles!!!!
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#138 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:33 AM

I'm totally there!

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#139 not-the-bad-Steve

not-the-bad-Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

If you go, please let us know about food impressions, menu, and hours.

QUOTE(Fay Jai @ Jun 11 2008, 09:26 PM) View Post
So...

I Know, I know...It belongs in Farewell and welcome, but I just think that it is more apropos here....

A buddy of mine tells me Grubz Grill is gone....Sorry Rocky...

I think, though, that this is its replacement...

http://thestranger.c...t?oid=596430

Hmmmm...I think a visit is in order...Rocky?

~Jason

#140 MySiuMai

MySiuMai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:21 AM

I want to come too! Let me know when! The only time I've ever had them was when Rocky cooked for us at Union, and they were yummy.
My Webpage

"If the gelatin is properly chilled, it will resist the Twinkies. You will push them in; they will slowly rise. It is a tense moment, like the scene in Psycho when Tony Perkins tries to sink Janet Leigh's car."

Jane and Michael Stern, Square Food

#141 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:39 AM

So I drove by both locations yesterday, and Grubz thankfully is still in business.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#142 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

Tai Tung....

2 words followed by one....

Don't.

One of the WORST meals of my entire life. Most of ya'll know I'm no gourmand, and I even thought it was gagtastic.

Please, Please, Please....Don't.

Ever.

~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#143 elicia

elicia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

Oriental Express (formerly Andy's Diner) has a hand spray-painted banner announcing $2.99 Lunch Specials ~ Fai Jai and i will be there Monday ~ anyone else want to join in?

#144 elicia

elicia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Ocean City's All You Can Eat Dim Sum. $8.95/person.

i ate here in January ~ its bad. and lukewarm, they don't bother to light the chafing dishes under the steam baskets. very few items on the steam table (chow mein, tofu, beef & broccoli) . slow to bring out new items. the 2 good items were the baked char siu bows (hombow) and the gin duey (fried sesame balls with black bean paste). there was also ha gow, siu mai, french fries, onion rings, chicken feet.

unless you're a glutton with damaged tastebuds, this is not a bargain in any way.

i posted pix on my blog
http://blogs.myspace...logId=467095767

#145 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE(elicia @ Apr 3 2009, 02:44 PM) View Post
Oriental Express (formerly Andy's Diner) has a hand spray-painted banner announcing $2.99 Lunch Specials ~ Fai Jai and i will be there Monday ~ anyone else want to join in?

Damn I want to! Stupid work.

Rocky

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#146 Fay Jai

Fay Jai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

I'm actually a little scared. It's like the place in Tacoma that advertises $1 CHINESE FOOD....

~Jason
www.bloatitup.com

#147 elicia

elicia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:12 AM

Lunch Adventure ~ All Aboard!
The Orient Express took over Andy's Diner ~ a kluge of railroad dining cars that forms an interesting experience! The spray-painted "Lunch Special $2.99" banner was catalyst for this expedition! Jason, his super cute son Cooper, Brian & Chris, and Dawn & Bif were the brave souls who joined me on this adventure!

we were seated in the Barnum & Bailey Circus Room. so many colors! none which match or compliment each other. the stripper pole had 3 colors

There is only ONE Lunch Special per day ~ Today, it's Chicken Chow Mein. our waiter, Byron reported back "It doesn't look that good" Jason bought one "for the table" because someone had to do it! oddly, rice noodles were used. it was pretty plain ~ onions, white chicken, bean sprouts, onions, green onions.

we asked our server what dishes he recommended, and he gave us a list. i asked "What the nationality of the cook?". he answered "We have 2, one Chinese one Thai" how very Iron Chef-y!

Jason & I had the General Tso's Chicken, fried rice & eggroll. $7.50

the hot and sour soup was delicious!!

Bif had the Chicken Pad Thai ~ perhaps the entree, because he had no side dishes.

Chris had the Thai Cashew Chicken which comes with with pad Thai and white rice

i think Dawn had the same meal as Chris.

Brian had a Thai dish, which had a bed of spinach, chicken and a lot of peanut sauce.

ok, so the idiosyncrasies of Orient Express are:
Chinese lunches come with Egg Drop or Hot & Sour Soup, and your choice of fried or white rice.
Thai meals come ONLY with white rice and you do NOT get soup.
there's really no price difference between Thai & Chinese Lunch items.
think the Thai Chef was making the Chow Mein Special today

all of the ingredients are fresh, and everything tasted just fine. they have a full bar. the restaurant is clean and the staff friendly and helpful. and hey, there's plenty of free parking! and don't forget, that tri-colored Stripper Pole!