2721 replies to this topic

#2716 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:50 PM

Lou Reed Drones at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. The description really undersells it - there was a lot going on. Dance pieces, performers in various locations throughout the space, people lying down on the floor, so, so, so much recording (I saw someone with a HandyZoom). The droning, which was hypnotic and ominous and lovely, was confined to one area up by the altar, and I'm sure the person handling it would have been instantly recognizable to people more knowledgeable than me. My famous-musician spotting was limited to "oh, there's Laurie Anderson." And I know pictures of music are stupid, but here are two pictures of music.

iJhhPQL.png

6O7TLhU.png

#2717 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:10 PM

I really wanted to go to that.

how was the organist?

#2718 small h

small h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:23 PM

The closest thing I saw to an organist was someone playing an electronic keyboard. Maybe I left too early (around 8:30).

#2719 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,017 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:25 AM

I am absolutely sick my newsletter missed that.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#2720 The Flon

The Flon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

I was already disappointed when Massive Attack canceled this weekend's shows. But now they've rescheduled them for the nigh I am going to see Stereolab.

WTF, Massive Attack?!

#2721 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:48 AM

ktl w/dreamcrusher. the two people in ktl took turns playing alone for about a third of the performance and peter rehberg blew o’malley off the stage, but I found the set as a whole boring, which was surprising given my memory of their records. I’ll dig those out tomorrow to see what changed.

#2722 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,452 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 10:45 PM

Grumpy guy here skipped invitations to Flo-Rida and The Killers, but I think I should go see Lady Gaga.