94 replies to this topic

#91 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

I went a few months ago and thought it was fine.  my wife goes regularly with her job and apparently at least 9 out of 10 people only order the burger.

#92 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,756 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Except for some bad experiences with their mandatory pre-theater menu (which, lamentable as it is as a concept, I guess they can't help), I've never had a meal there I thought was bad.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#93 oakapple

oakapple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,326 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

I recall a visit past 8:00pm one night, and they rushed us through the meal as if we were going to the theater.

That has happened at a few other places in that neighborhood. Once the staff gets "pre-theater" in their DNA, it's hard to shake.

Marc Shepherd
Editor, New York Journal

#94 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,992 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

There’s a tete de veau croustillante on the menu. It’s a $19 appetizer, so it might be like two bites.

#95 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 85,992 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:07 AM

Okay I went and ate it, and it’s a decent serving, a gold bar about 5” by 2,” very crisply breadcrumbed, but most important the tete is really good and sticky. Fennel salad.

Because this is a Boulud place, ordering an app at the bar also bought an amuse (hummus, flatbread), a breadbasket, and a couple of mignardise. Always been like this; order the famous burger and you get a pile of good bread and butter on the side.