#16 kayswv

kayswv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:49 PM

Rocky,

Please sign Al and I up. If you can arrange wine pairings also then we would be one beer (Al) and one wine (Kay). You really had a great idea. Thanks for thinking of it and arranging it.

Kay

#17 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:01 AM

I can't take credit for the idea. This was all Ethan, he asked if I would be interested in helping with organizing and tasting beer, which of course I said yes to as fast as I could. Apparently he's wanted to do real a Oktoberfest blowout since he worked at Szmania's.

Rocky

#18 scrat

scrat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:00 AM

As tighe said - SIGN US UP!!!

Put me down for a wine preference, though I am happy to stick with beer if that is all that is offered.

So Rocky - you offered to help him with the beer selections. That sounds like a tough job tasting all of those beers. How convenient!

I personally volunteer to assist with the wine list and tasting. Ha ha!

This is going to be so awesome - thanks for getting this together with Ethan, Rocky!

Pat

#19 TamIam

TamIam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:11 PM

Oh yeah, sounds great. Sign Rick and I up puhleaze!
Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented. -- J. Esther

#20 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:50 PM

Shel and I would like to join you. I can't wait to see Ethan's take on all these traditional foods.

#21 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:10 PM

Okay the first list of people coming

Anita and Cameron
Vince and Pat
Paul Nicholson and Kelli
Laren and Paul and Mary
Jan and Gary
Abra and Shel
Tamara and Rick
Reese and Rob(maybe)
Margaret and Speck (maybe)
Leslie
Kay and Al
Wendy and Dayne
Matthew and Richard(maybe)
Laurel and Joe

So far 25 definites and three maybes. I promise we won't be as crowded as we were at Rocking Wok! :(

Rocky

edited for accuracy

#22 vengroff

vengroff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:26 AM

Word to the wise, the Octoberfest event at Union is actually part of a series of special Sunday night dinners. If you can't wait for October, you'll be happy to learn that Sunday, August 21 Ethan will be doing a special all-seafood menu. Prix fixe, including wine pairings, is $95. The menu is not set in stone, but looks to feature at least one large whole fish for the table, in addition to some twists on Union favorites. Space is limited. PM me if you are interested in participating.

#23 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:53 AM

Make sure you check out the other dinners in the Sunday Dinners series. Darren is hosting a seafood themed dinner that sounds great. There will be an offal cuts dinner at some point and possibly one involving a whole roasted pig. All dinners will be family style and I'll try to post info as I can.

Rocky

#24 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

If the wine thing works out & it's in my budget I'd love to come too. No allergy here, just never met a beer I liked...

:(

..she gasps as she polishes off a Deschutes Twilight Ale...
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#25 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:07 AM

Dough, the stuff that buys me Beer
Ray, the guy that sells me Beer
Me, the guy who drinks the Beer
Fah, a long long way to Beer
So, I think I'll have a Beer
La, la la la la la
Tea, no thanks I'll have a Beer
D'oh, I'm out of Beer

-Homer Simpson

Sorry, Eden. :( But sometimes I can't help myself.

Rocky

#26 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:12 AM

Got the price for the Oktoberfest dinner, it will be $65 and there will be a German wine option available.

Rocky

#27 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

Have I mentioned yet how much I am looking forward to this?? :(

~A
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#28 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:19 AM

Got the price for the Oktoberfest dinner, it will be $65 and there will be a German wine option available. 

Rocky

This is the price for his regular tasting menu too, I think.

We have an early reservation for Union tomorrow night, too. Yum. I'll bring my camera and hopefully take some photos to go along with a report afterwards. :(

#29 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:29 AM

Leslie, Ethan revamped his menu to take the emphasis off of the tasting menu, so there is no longer a tasting menu listed course by course. He wants to emphasize the a la carte menu as well as a flexible tasting menu that he can tailor. There is a five and seven course tasting menu option now, it just doesn't list what's in them. He also talked about a nine course option! Nine! Have fun!

Rocky

edited for spelling

#30 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:44 AM

Leslie, Ethan revamped his menu to take the emphasis off of the tasting menu, so there is no longer a tasting menu listed course by course.  He wants to emphasize the a la carte menu as well as a flexible tasting menu that he can tailor.  There is a five and seven course tasting menu option now, it just doesn't list what's in them.  He also talked about a nine course option!  Nine!  Have fun!

Rocky

edited for spelling

Thank you for the heads up! I didn't know that. I know whatever we decide on we will be in good hands there. :(