Then that happened.

#1292 taion

taion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

I might be in Toulon for a few days for a conference at the end of April. I should probably tack on a few days at the end and visit somewhere nearby. Where should I go? I (still) don't speak any French.
I didn't tip at Per Se either.

#1293 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,127 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

After being on the road for 6 of the last 7 weeks, Anguilla to do nothing but vegetate for 4 days and not check email or answer the phone. May break for a massage and some rum.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#1294 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,877 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

london at the end of next week, for about 12 weeks. then on to scotland for 10 days before returning to minnesota (assuming i'm let back in).

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: piccolo (minneapolis)

current whisky review: rampur select casks (indian single malt whisky)

current recipe: keema chops (indian-style croquettes)

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#1295 joiei

joiei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:17 AM

Nothing really exciting, but I will be heading to Shawnee, OK to judge bbq for 2 days this coming weekend and will try to fit in a tap room or three, Roughtail, Coop, and maybe Anthem down in OKC.   

"Love ya once, love ya twice, love ya more than beans and rice"

#1296 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,416 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

We leave Florida tomorrow for our trip back home to Brooklyn. One night in Macon, Ga (with dinner reservations at Dovetail), then 3 nights in Asheville, NC so we can get a feel for the place & not just pass thru (staying at Haywood Park Hotel downtown, with dinner reservations at Rhubarb & Nightbell for 2 of the 3 nights), then 1 night in Staunton, Va (with dinner reservations at Zynodoa), then home. Just for the record, I left the one dinner in Asheville unreserved so as to rationalize that I'm not completely OCD. Of course, I have a short list for that night already. Now to try to pack everything back in the car for the drive. Bonus points if we can keep the things we'll actually need on the trip easily accessible and not have to dig thru the other stuff every time another pair of socks is needed.

I spent time last night thinking about how desirable these issues are compared to my pre-retirement daily decision making requirements.

This space available… contact owner.

#1297 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,358 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Two weeks in Italy, leaving NYC April 21.