mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,232 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

which restaurant?

Le Cirque https://lasvegasweek...k-at-le-cirque/

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#1338 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:15 AM

Back to Vietnam in a few months, to hang out with my friends and continue to explore the little spot I like best.

Then, if I don't chicken out, across Bhutan by motorcycle.

Hey! Still waiting for photos from the last trip!

Are you able to share the little spot you like best? Several people I know are going soon or have been recently, and now I feel I need to go sooner rather than later! (except Spain and Portugal, and maybe Croatia, Lithuania, and Slovenia are higher up on the list)

#1339 Blondie

Blondie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

Hey! Still waiting for photos from the last trip!

Are you able to share the little spot you like best? Several people I know are going soon or have been recently, and now I feel I need to go sooner rather than later! (except Spain and Portugal, and maybe Croatia, Lithuania, and Slovenia are higher up on the list)

Ha Giang. It's not on the regular tourist trail, as it's a scary 8-hour bus ride away from Hanoi. By car it's about 6 hours, but very expensive by taxi, and I would not recommend driving as a tourist. The motorbike traffic is one thing, but the buses overtaking trucks overtaking cars on a 2-lane road can be heart-stopping.

Once there, it's best explored by motorbike, but car tours are becoming more available as word gets out.

BlondieNY.com

"Finally something intelligent."