1365 replies to this topic

#1366 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

re Galicia, Im all over the place. Im here for only a month this year ... a short stay but theres reasons why ... but still roving all around. Was in Coruna then a special place (which I cant disclose) on the Ria* de Vigo but on the Moana side not the Vigo side, then near Baiona, then your fave Sanxenxo, then our fave Santiago then bye bye Galicia cuz I got to get my butt back to Asturias. Yes, back to Asturias then Cantabria then Bilbao then a week in the Bastard then back to Paris for a week then Barca for a few weeks interrupted by some annoying friends who insist I cruise the Costa Brava with them and then Madrid for a month-ish

* When discussing rias, the ria is the body of water, not the landmass

La Gavina, Villa Mas (for some white burgs), Can Jubany, La Xicra peut-etre, Villa Mas (again, but for some red burgs this time*), somewhere in Girona because Masia el Puig was full 1 of my 2 nights of interest,  hence lunch (not dinner) at Ca l Enric, probably Plaça del Vi 7 to quaff some wine (merci bien mais no interest in Can Roca :-), a free day in Girona that will start with coffee at Federal Cafe, Almadraba Park, Compartir, Figueres for Dali Theatre, Dali Jewels, Dali House** then El Motel (for food, not sleep), probably Llanca (more for Els Pescadors vs Miramar but TBD as we are still searching for the coin to toss), ruins at Sant Martí d’Empúries (cuz if it s good enough for Elon s bro Kimball tis good enough for Chamball), Castle of Púbol (more Dali, dahling, and I don t even like Dali, dahling, but Gala Gala Gala, I mean who doesn t like Russians nowadays!), then either Mas de Torrent or Mas Pastora, Casamar, some free time, then drive back to Barca with maybe a lunch stop at Hispania (because I was warned that the sisters are about to throw in the towel … the end of an era)

Brava Blast Off … 3 2 1 0

* Crazy good burgundy list and crazy good prices and tis in Spain ! Can NOT find such awesome value anywhere in France AFAIK. Food is fine but this place is all about the wine … and the seaside terrace ambience

** Note that there is an interesting Gala Dali expo at MNAC in Barca at this very moment