September Food and Wine

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

The September issue of F&W is a pan-Asian extravaganza of recipes, most of which look delicious,and many of which look downright irresistable. Who's up for cooking our way through that issue like we did for Spain?

Without the publicity, this time, since F&W probably isn't interested if it's not an official eG event. But hey, it's not about the publicity!

#2 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:27 PM

I haven't had a chance to look at my issue yet but will take a peak tonight, depending on the date picked we'd love to make something!!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#3 TamIam

TamIam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:08 AM

That sounds fun. I'll have to grab an issue.
Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented. -- J. Esther

#4 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:39 AM

It's not as stellar as the Spanish issue was, but there's plenty of good-looking stuff to make a delicious meal.

#5 The Scream

The Scream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:34 AM

I'm up for it.
Gone fishing for the summer.

#6 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:26 AM

As soon as I get an issue and if the date works, YO!

Rocky

#7 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:04 AM

That sounds great to us! I have the issue tucked away, haven't had time to study it, but will dig it up.

I have this idea for any of you who are interested, to have a dinner at "Olives" in Edmonds. The Chef, Michael Young, knows about several of you. I know it's up North, but would anyone be interested? I'll see him tomorrow night at the first meeting to promote Michael's partner's drive into local Edmonds politics (Strom Peterson, of "Resident Cheesemonger" fame), and would like to suggest a dinner extravaganza, possibly off of the regular menu.

For those of you who have not tried "Olives,", it's the small-plate approach with so many wonderful choices. It's a small establishment, so if there's any interest, I'll move it to a new thread.

Cheers,

Carolyn
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#8 The Scream

The Scream

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

I don't know if I'll remember to get an issue. Can someone with a copy tell me if there is anything Korean? I have the pantry items for that. I can do some Japanese or Chinese too without having to buy a lot of stuff. I have a lot of the spices and grains for Indian as well.

EDIT: I just noticed that this is the PNW forum.
Gone fishing for the summer.

#9 white lotus

white lotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

As soon as I get an issue and if the date works, YO!

Rocky

Same here... :o wl

#10 Guest_rockdoggydog_*

Guest_rockdoggydog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

That sounds great to us! I have the issue tucked away, haven't had time to study it, but will dig it up.

I have this idea for any of you who are interested, to have a dinner at "Olives" in Edmonds. The Chef, Michael Young, knows about several of you. I know it's up North, but would anyone be interested? I'll see him tomorrow night at the first meeting to promote Michael's partner's drive into local Edmonds politics (Strom Peterson, of "Resident Cheesemonger" fame), and would like to suggest a dinner extravaganza, possibly off of the regular menu.

For those of you who have not tried "Olives,", it's the small-plate approach with so many wonderful choices. It's a small establishment, so if there's any interest, I'll move it to a new thread.

Cheers,

Carolyn

I'm sure many of us would be interested, why don't you go ahead and start a thread. That way it'll get more visisbility and people will see it.

Rocky

#11 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

Food&Wine recipes
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#12 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

sounds like great fun. I'd love to come (depending on the date of course)

edited to clarify that it will be fun regardless of the date, but my participation is calendar dependant...
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#13 scarlett

scarlett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

This sounds like fun! Sundays in September are good for me...9/4, 9/11, 9/18 or 9/25. I've also got Saturday Sept 24th open. Will any of these dates work?
Traca
Seattle, WA

blog: Seattle Tall Poppy
Examiner.com - Seattle Food Scene

#14 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:31 PM

This sounds great!

We probably need to have a host and see what dates they're available before we start figuring who's available when. Any takers?

Unfortunately, sigh, my kitchen is too small and ill-fitted out for this type of thing.

That said, I'm available on Saturday, Sept 24th (or any other Saturday in Sept except the 3rd), and Sunday, Sept 4th.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#15 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:44 PM

It sounds like fun to me too. Wasn't Steve saying he could do it at his place? I'd offer mine but we're going to be gone a lot in September so I have a feeling I'm going to miss out on this one too. The only open weekend I have is the 9th or 10th.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM