113 replies to this topic

#106 Della

Della

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:07 PM

It was such a fun evening last night. And wonderful to meet everyone and share in the wonderful receipes. I add my thanks to Steve for hosting!

#107 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:49 PM

:o I agree that everything was absolutely so delicious, and the pace was great. When we left, I finally noticed the time, oh my! It was wonderful to meet new people, and to see others I had met previously. I think you're all such a special group of people and Bob and I are thankful to be allowed to participate.

Abra, thanks again for your organizing, and also to Steve for his hospitality in that awesome house!

Cheers, :o
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#108 sparrowsfall

sparrowsfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 11:02 PM

Hey all:

Thanks for being such great guests and co-hosts. Last night was a real pleasure. (And there wasx basically no cleanup left for me this morning.) Special thanks to Abra for organizing, and welcome to the new folks. Here's to more and merrier!

Steve
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." —Dalai Lama

#109 Fred Rowe

Fred Rowe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:28 AM

Thanks to Steve and Abra for all the work that you did to pull this off. Every one did a great job putting this on. Its event like this that make us glad that we found gullet and Mouthfuls. Our complements to everyone. Ed and I were very thankful to be part of it. The food was great if not to truly Asian. But we must remember that we are a very sophisticated group. Probably more sophisticated than most of the F&W readers. Our complements to everyone. F&E
Fred Rowe (FWED) Seattle

If you let fruit rot, it turns into wine, something Brussel sprouts never do

#110 fritz brenner

fritz brenner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:43 AM

pictures?

#111 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:43 PM

Pictures are coming, and are very nice. Since I'll be writing this up for Food and Wine's website, they'll have first pick of the photos. We'll be seeing them soon, but everyone looks great and the food looks yummy.

#112 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:15 PM

Sorry I missed this event..but I'm really excited about seeing the pictures!

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#113 sparrowsfall

sparrowsfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:32 PM

I have (only!) two items left behind: a round engraved stainless platter, and one of those bamboo-handled strainer thingies. (That's the technical term.) Who claims 'em?

Steve
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." —Dalai Lama

#114 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:09 PM

Actually we left our 4 chairs and a small paper bag with 4 wine glasses and some chop sticks. Steve if you will PM your phone number we may be over near you on Wed.
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag