84 replies to this topic

#76 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

Oh my, what a cheesy, rich, fantastic evening that was. We had six different types to try and all were very different in both taste and cooking method. We had one made with a custard base, one with bechemel, one with just cream, one overnight version, one stovetop version and one which contained only made-made products!

It was very close between "Wendy Stewart's" version and Patti LaBelle's but I think Patti LaBelle's came through with a few more votes as favorite all around macaroni and cheese. A very good point was made that some of the others would make better side dishes and Della was right on when she said the chili mac was the perfect camping food.

The side dishes were phenomenal. A great big thank-you to scheilke's Uncle Dick for the venison sausage. It was such a treat. All of the salads were the perfect complement to the richness of the mac and cheese. And so pretty too!

And you can see how beautiful the desserts are. I was way to full to partake in any that night but I Paul and I had quite the treat on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for coming! It was great to meet new friends (mysiumai and Tyler) and see old ones again (schielke and Katie).
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#77 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

I'm eating left over Patti's mac and cheese right now, it is still good but I do love a crunchy top. I think I'll make this but add my buttered breadcrumbs to it!

dayne chose the leftover chili mac and my martha stewart's for lunch, I'm sure Martha would not approve if she found out these were sharing the same bowl! :unsure:
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#78 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

The leftovers are making their way out into cyberspace:

The macaroni, it turned out, was from a Guy Savoy recipe, leftovers from a potluck last night. It was made with an immoderate amount of cave-aged Gruyere, I am told.

Roots & Grubs
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#79 heyjude

heyjude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

Nothing's too good for our Iris.

#80 girl chow

girl chow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:08 AM

So sorry I missed you all at the party. I've got the nastiest of all colds and didn't want to spread the cheer to you all. I'm sure you're all glad I didn't bring my sneezing, snotty self to the party (!!)

I still can't smell or taste much of anything, but when I'm well enough to smell enough, I'm going to make some mac and cheese.

Sorry I missed you all and the eats. :unsure:

#81 schielke

schielke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Katie and I had a killer time at the party, thanks to all the mac and cheese makers out there who contributed to my full tummy. All the versions were fantastic: LaBelle and Martha were great, I would love to try them deep fried. The Guy Savoy and BOB were also fantastic and I enjoyed the different cheeses in them...I even think that the version of the BOB I had was better than when I had it at the actual BOB! :unsure: Chili-Mac and Green mac were tasty and I would love to eat them as a side dish.

The desserts capped off a fantastic evening, I need that chocolate torte recipe!

Katie and I look forward to future events!

Ben

#82 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:52 PM

I even think that the version of the BOB I had was better than when I had it at the actual BOB! :unsure:

Man, Ben... you'd better hope PapaChef isn't lurking on this thread. :blush:
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#83 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

I even think that the version of the BOB I had was better than when I had it at the actual BOB!  :unsure:

Man, Ben... you'd better hope PapaChef isn't lurking on this thread. :(

:blush: Well, since PapaChef emailed me his recipe and specific instructions, maybe he improved it in that communication! (or maybe it was the LOVE I added to it!)

Cheers,
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#84 elswinger

elswinger

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

Pictures or recipes? :unsure:

#85 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:22 PM

Pictures or recipes?  :unsure:

pictures of the potluck dishes are on the previous page of this thread, and recipes from the Mac & Cheese potluck are on the PNW Potluck recipe thread Here