222 replies to this topic

#1 lovelynugget

lovelynugget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:54 PM

Wilf's recent mention of the hot chef at new restaurant Degustation (and of course, our own NeroW) got me thinking we need to salute the hotness that doesn't come just from the stove.

Name the good lookin' slaving away in our nation's kitchens. (Believe me, I'm more likely to go there. :( )

I'll start: there be an ultra handsome chef at Momofuku -- tall dark handsome and tats up his forearms. As those of you know, the eating situation there is such that the diner sitting at the bar is less than an arm's reach to the chefs. On my last visit, I found myself slurping not only noodles but also my own drool.

Hotness factor: 4.5 of 5 chili peppers. :(

#2 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:10 AM

Aaron Sanchez gets my vote:

Posted Image

Goofy picture but Ripert is pretty dreamy:

Posted Image

and as they say, a little salt, a little pepper-
Cat Cora is very beguiling:

Posted Image

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#3 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

Poor old Rocco would be top of the list, I think, if he wasn't a spectacular fuckup.

On the distaff side, Sarma Melngailis, though clearly the necessity of strangling her to death within 30s of meeting her might dampen the ardor.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#4 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:35 AM

I'll second Aaron, and Rocco, and Eric, and David English in New Orleans, and and and....
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#5 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

Can we count Bourdain, as an ex-chef? Nigella isn't a chef, but I think she's hot. (OK, so I'm not very original in my tastes.)

A little more off the beaten path: Marcus Samuelsson
Posted Image

And Fergus Henderson is cute as a bug, though I don't think I could call him "hot".
Posted Image

Not hot: Batali, Flay, Jamie O, Clarissa Dickson-Wright/Jennifer Paterson.
I'm no longer participating on Mouthfuls, but feel free to visit our blog.

#6 Guglhupf

Guglhupf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:54 AM

You ain't kidding on Samuelsson.

Rocco - feh, not hot at all. Sheeplike in appearance and total doofus.

Now I'm not his biggest fan (gahd this is such a hen-like thread, and yet I can't resist joining) but Todd English won't break any mirrors either. Those pictures on his web site are just ridiculous.

Posted Image

OK, OK, you're one hot toddy. :( Now button up.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.
-- W.C. Fields

#7 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:12 AM

Marcus Samuelsson is gorgeous. No way is he off the beaten path.
Future Legacy Participant.

#8 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:20 AM

Marcus Samuelsson is gorgeous.  No way is he off the beaten path.

Hee! I meant a little less predictable of a choice than Nigella or Tony B.

I almost said English, too, but I find narcissism utterly unattractive. :(

Edit: Both the unbuttoned shirt and the attitude remind me of Mr. Ramsay, too. The worst part of his Kitchen Nightmares rescue-the-reastaurant series was the gratuitous dressing-room shots.

#9 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:25 AM

Now I'm not his biggest fan (gahd this is such a hen-like thread, and yet I can't resist joining) but Todd English won't break any mirrors either. Those pictures on his web site are just ridiculous.

He takes good pictures but I don't think he's attractive. Unless he wants to buy extra fancy heirloom beans and then in that case he is H-O-T, HOT!!!!!

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#10 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:33 AM

I have to admit I've always been a bit of a Ruhlman fan. A little old for me but I like the quiet funny guys the best.
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#11 Scorched Palate

Scorched Palate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

Aarón is hot, and it helps that his mamá is one of my favorite writers.

#12 GrantK

GrantK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:54 AM

I have to admit I've always been a bit of a Ruhlman fan. A little old for me but I like the quiet funny guys the best.

ouch
Never assume animosity when stupidity could be the cause.
Whichever side you're on, the other side doesn't just have bad ideas, they have to be bad people too.
People like her are always scared. It’s a lonely world when you’re just so damned right and everyone else is so stupid. That’s why God made cats.
He tended to date high-strung women — another symptom of his shyness. "Say what you want about them, psychotics tend to make the first move."
When you get over-confident, you get your ass kicked with your own shoes. (Fabio, Top Chef)
They probably drink corporate water.

'Happy Cuatro de Cinco!'

#13 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,751 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:55 AM

Aaron Sanchez gets my vote:

Posted Image

my, what big bananas you have...

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#14 Guglhupf

Guglhupf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:27 AM

He takes good pictures but I don't think he's attractive. Unless he wants to buy extra fancy heirloom beans and then in that case he is H-O-T, HOT!!!!!

Well, I don't think he's unattractive in person. Those pictures don't entirely lie, though the very few times I met him (& shook hands, but that was all) he was wearing rather prim attire or whites, not unbuttoned shirts, sadly.

Narcissism is rather amusing. Todd English's web images go something like this... "Yeah, I know, I'm smokin'. Just take a look. And I can COOK on top of that! Just try to get your mind around that, IF you can. I mean, I *know* it's hard to believe I'm for real. So take your time."
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.
-- W.C. Fields

#15 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:41 AM

ouch

Erm...at least I think he is :( Anyway, I am way immature.

edit: okay just looked it up. By Lebanese marriage standards he is totally the right age. :(
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot