50 replies to this topic

#46 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:19 PM

Oh, I just realised its the old Bistro Bruno space. Should have looked at J. Whiting's link more closely. Happy memories of a briefly terrific restaurant.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#47 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:41 PM

I think there was also a restaurant called Frith Street in that space a few years ago.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#48 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:52 PM

Yes, it's been a whole lot of different restaurants, not all good by any means.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#49 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

We enjoyed our one meal at FS.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#50 balex

balex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:00 PM

I went for dinner here a couple of nights ago, based largely on the good write ups it has had here and elsewhere in internetland, and I was a little bit disappointed. The two things I has (the chicken nuggets with macaroni, and a rabbit thing) had the same over-reduced stock taste -- you know that slightly sticky tacky taste -- but were well prepared otherwise. The wine by the small carafe thing is fun, but the person who was serving us had no idea at all about the wines. A rather lacklustre cheese course, and then we left. Ok, and I might go back if I am in the neighbourhood, since it has that bar area that it looks like they don't take reservations for. It presses some foodie buttons I can see, but I felt that our rather lackluster meal (about 50 quid each) was not quite worth the money or the hype.
It will give you some idea of how completely out of the loop i am that the only person we recognised there was the last but one lord chancellor.

#51 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 82,168 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

Last of the reviews from my London trip last month: Arbutus.  Dismal photos, I'm afraid.