113 replies to this topic

#16 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

Yay! Thanks for volunteering your place Abra. Right, now is anyone unbusy between now and the end of summer, and when? :blush:

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#17 white lotus

white lotus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

Yes, the busy Summer is now upon us! It would be fabulous if this tapas party were to happen late August, early September as my family and I will return Aug. 16th from our vacation in Tibet. If the tapas party happens before our return I am sure that I will survive somehow.

I already have Abra & Shel's potluck for Chufi marked on my calender for Sat. Sept. 23rd. Ordinarily, I would never turn down an opportunity for a wonderful event at Abra & Shel's, however, if we are not able to come up with good options for dates until September, I would like to offer my house as a possible site for the Tapas party in order for Abra (& Shel) to not have to host us twice in one month.

I live in University Place, a one hour drive South of Seattle on I-5. My deck is smaller than Abra's but with a slightly different 180 degree view of water. My house overlooks the Tacoma Narrow's to the West with a view of the Cascades and Fox Island. I have hosted 3 other parties this year at my house which turned out okay. Cheers... :blush: wl

#18 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:35 AM

Since I just quit my job today I am wide open until Sept. :P

:P

The book I have is "Tapas of San Sebastian" and is VERY authentic for you non squemish types! :blush:
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#19 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

Hurray, w@w is here at last, and lmf is a free woman! Those things alone deserve a celebration.

Hmmm, Saturday August 12 is my birthday. I could give myself a tapas party, if that's not too tacky. Does that date work for people (except Tibetan travelers)?

#20 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:26 PM

Hurray, w@w is here at last, and lmf is a free woman! Those things alone deserve a celebration.

Hmmm, Saturday August 12 is my birthday. I could give myself a tapas party, if that's not too tacky. Does that date work for people (except Tibetan travelers)?

***You could never be tacky, Abra! Pre-Happy Birthday.

I can come to your house on Saturday, Aug. 12. Thanks for being so generous in offering your home once again. !

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#21 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

I'm in Portland that weekend so I'll have to miss out.......darn.

It sounds like a great way to spend your birthday!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#22 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

I just want to emphasize that it totally doesn't need to be that day or our place - it's only one suggestion. Other dates work for our place, and other places work for us as well.

There, is that a masterpiece of equivocation, or what? We love tapas anywhere, anytime.

#23 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:27 PM

I'm out of town the 12th, but who says we can't have two parties. :blush:

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#24 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:55 PM

I'm out of town the 12th also. :-( and I've YET to make an Abra event!
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#25 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

Since I just quit my job today I am wide open until Sept. :P

:P

The book I have is "Tapas of San Sebastian" and is VERY authentic for you non squemish types! :blush:

I'm exactly the opposite of LMF, as I just accepted a new position and will be busy traveling for the next 6 weeks, followed by a "norm" of travel 2-3 days/week, but would still love to plan for the tapas party!

Cheers,
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#26 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

Ok, NOT the 12th! How about throwing out good dates and we can gather some consensus?

#27 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:33 PM

Ok, NOT the 12th! How about throwing out good dates and we can gather some consensus?

If sundays work then any sunday in august. If only saturdays how about August 26th? Or sept 2nd? (for that matter what about July 22? or is that too soon & folks are booked?)

I'm fine with either location, and grateful to all those willing to let us invade their kitchens :blush:
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#28 sparrowsfall

sparrowsfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:24 AM

Damn, things happen fast around here. Was just here two days ago and there's already a party brewing...

Just tried calling Abra but didn't get her, so I'm going to take her at her word and offer my place. Because:

1. She hosted recently, and is hosting again in September. 2. I just dropped my girls off for a month with their mom, so I have free time and am craving good company. (Though the girls will curse me if I do this without them. [Tough luck!]) 3. Might be easier for folks to come to my place. 4. The mouthfuls crowd (excepting Dayne and Wendy) hasn't helped me christen my new table yet. 5. I Really Luv these cookfests.

Being my normal impatient self, how do people feel about Saturday July 15? (Sorry Connie!)

Steve
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." —Dalai Lama

#29 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:36 AM

Island or Ballard we are good anywhere! Unfortunately we have a friends birthday party to attend on July 15th. But we are open on sunday the 16th if that is an option....................that is our only open July weekend date. In Aug. we are open on the 6th and the 13th and the 26th.

If it works out that we can join we would love to but as always majority should rule so don't feel like you have to plan around us! (but we do have a very interesting book...... :blush: )
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#30 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

Sorry, Steve, we were taking Riley to the beach. He is now totally waterlogged and happy.

Your house is awesome, as always. Pretty much any weekend works for us except July 22-23. We are undersocialized, evidently, but that works to our advantage in this case.