113 replies to this topic

#31 TamIam

TamIam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:59 AM

We wanna come too!! Love tapas. Love Spain. Love seeing all of you, which is getting too infrequent of late. Plus we need to help Carolyn celebrate her new job, and Wendy celebrate quitting her old one.

And we haven't had the pleasure of visiting at Sparrowsfalls yet because of too many other conflicts. We are out of town July 9-19, but could make it on the 22 or 23 (oops that is the bad Abra/Shel date) or July 29, or Aug 1-2 for that matter. We must not be as busy os some of you all.

Mmmmmmmmm, I am thinking about what to make already.
Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually invented themselves had they not been invented. -- J. Esther

#32 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:06 AM

I can't make it July 15, and July 16th is iffy, since it's our anniversary, but if it's ok with hubby, we can make it on the 16th. You guys set a date, and we'll try to be there.

#33 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

Likewise July 15-16=bad :blush:
I'm good with July 8th if we want to be really impatient. July 29th also looks good, after which Aug 26th is the next clear saturday in my crazy life... (people tell me I should do less, but where's the fun in that?)
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#34 worm@work

worm@work

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:40 PM

Unfortunately July 29-30 doesn't work for us nor does Aug 5-6. That's the week we have our annual family reunion and I could do with a good food event after that to perk me up after all that loss of self-esteem :blush:.

-w@w

#35 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

Look at us, so busy and all. Who's got the spreadsheet going to keep track of which dates work for the most people :blush:

Here's my data to add to the mix: July is totally booked for us but, in August, we're available the 5/6, 19/20 or the 26/27.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#36 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

we need a share calendar!!! OMG that would be so funny!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#37 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

I should do a spreadsheet for greater accuracy, but so far by hand, this is what we have, espressed in the negative. More people need to copy and add themselves to this list, or somebody could actually start a spreadsheet, or now that lmf is unemployed, she could do up a calendar share.

7/15 - NO Eden, Lauren, lmf,Tamiam,Leslie, WL
7/16 - NO Eden, Tamiam, Leslie?,Lauren,WL

7/22 - NO Abra, Steve, Heyjude,Lauren, lmf,WL
7/23 - NO Abra, Steve, Heyjude,Lauren, lmf,WL

7/29 - NO lmf,w@w, WL, Lauren
7/30 - NO w@w,WL, Lauren

8/5 - NO WL, w@w
8/6 - NO WL, w@w

8/12 - NO Rocky, Malarkey, Lauren, WL
8/13 - NO Lauren, WL

From then on, no clue!

#38 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:35 PM

Brilliant, Abra!

Before I look at my calendar I need to ask:

1. Have we settled on Steve's house?
2. If so, is it possible for anyone to pick me up/drop me off at the Seattle ferry?

Please PM me/thanks.

Edited by Charcoop, 02 July 2006 - 03:18 PM.

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#39 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

I'm also a no for Aug 5 & Aug 12.

I agree, a spreadsheet would be easier, but here's the data I could pull from people's replies re later August:
(if marked with a ? I'm inferring from notes that people ARE booked on other Aug dates, but could be wrong...)

Aug 19 - NO lmf, Eden
YES Lauren, Abra?, Carolyn? WL?

Aug 20 - NO lmf
YES Lauren, Abra? Carolyn? WL?, Eden

Aug 26 - NO no objections yet except that it's not soon...
YES Lauren, lmf, Abra? Carolyn? WL?, Eden

Aug 27 - NO lmf
YES Lauren, WL?, Abra? Carolyn? Eden
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#40 Della

Della

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:28 AM

Greg and I would love to join in as well if the date works.....

We are NOT good for July 15, 29 or Aug 5th.
I think we are fairly open to all other dates but will make notes when needed.

SOUNDS VERY FUN!!!!!!!

Della

#41 heyjude

heyjude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:50 AM

We'd love to do this, too, just about any weekend in August. July is full already. I have several Tapas books and Savoring Spain and Portugal which I'm happy to share.

#42 sparrowsfall

sparrowsfall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:59 PM

July 15 is looking iffy for lots of folks. Saturday August 5 works for me, and it has the shortest list of folks who can't come.

Can we have a show of hands? (So I don't have to sort through all these posts?) Who CAN do August 5?

Steve
"Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." —Dalai Lama

#43 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

OMG! Don't kill me! I totally forgot that I have other plans on the 5th. So sorry to screw up the already mind-exploding task of figuring out dates!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#44 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:15 PM

We are a YES for Aug. 5.

Whenever it is, I've been thinking that I want to make a White Gazpacho Capuccino.

#45 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

The days I can do are July 22 and August 26, and after that well, any weekend not Sept 2.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant