#76 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,468 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

So the consensus is "get the Miele."

Rail Paul - if you find the Consumer Reports article I would be interested in seeing it.

The process has taken longer than expected (assorted obligations, car trouble, etc) but the new dishwasher has finally been procured, and yes, we went with the Miele. And while we were at it, we bought a new stove. I'm finally getting a REAL self-cleaning oven (my current oven is self cleaning in that I clean it myself). We're taking delivery of both the week before Passover.

show us your stove!

Here's what we went with: http://www.frigidair...nges/fggf3054mf

I had certain requirements regarding use on the sabbath and holidays, and this meets my needs, plus it had higher BTUs than many of the stoves we were looking at in our price range. I also wanted something that could reliably hold its temp at 200F.

the grates look nice. are they very heavy? i hate the grates on my ge, all my small pots tip over.

but really you wanted it for the chicken nugget button, didn't you?

And the Pizza Button, no doubt.

What give it away?
Future Legacy Participant.

#77 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,468 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

the grates look nice. are they very heavy? i hate the grates on my ge, all my small pots tip over.

Yes - the grates are heavy. The nice thing is that because of the 5th burner, the grates are in three pieces - so they're not big and awkward (although I'm not sure I'll be able to fit a single grate in my sink - I have a double sink).
Future Legacy Participant.

#78 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,862 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

So the conclusion is that Miele is worth the extra money over the Bosch (and anything else)?

And she was.

#79 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,862 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Just got a Bosch 500 series stainless. I couldn't justify the extra $400 for the equivalent Miele for a weekend house. The guy said that the main difference would be that the Miele would last 10 years longer. That's not enough for $400, since I assume that within two or three years my iPhone will wash the dishes. the Asko also looked cool.
This is my first experience with a quiet dishwasher. It's quite lovely. That red "on" light shining on the floor is kind of cool. I might need another one of these for the city. I do hate a loud dishwasher. One problem is that all the Tupperware seems to jump about, turn right-side up and fill with water during the cycle. It's kind of messy, and they need to be handwashed when it's all done. Maybe Bosch needs to add safety straps.

Also, that end-cycle rinse stuff they recommend seems to leave a chemical smell. I'm hoping that this is due to overspill when I filled the trap. Or perhaps dishwashers need a bunch of cycles to get rid of the new car smell.

And she was.

#80 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,862 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

How do GE Monogram dishwashers compare with Bosch? I can get the $1700 msrp GE for about the same price as the $1000 msrp Bosch.

And she was.