792 replies to this topic

#616 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

Going to Katmai, Alaska, without a very big gun.

The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#617 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,934 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Going to Katmai, Alaska, without a very big gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QAh5YQgrXs

Holy shit.

I try never to dine with other people. It just makes things so much easier. -- Anthony Bonner, March 28, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#618 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Does those green things really camouflage people, or are those people just huge idiots?

#619 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Does those green things really camouflage people, or are those people just huge idiots?

Hopefully the green things are treated with bear repellent?
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#620 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Eating a green bagel for St Patrick's Day.

It has been brought to my attention that there are such things.

#621 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,771 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

My father gave them out at his store one year.

I was mortified.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#622 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Nothing against either Josh, fried chicken, or martinis, but all three together for $125? No wonder the tickets for this Market Table event are moving slowly.

I could get what Josh himself considers the best fried chicken in town (at Bobwhite) for about ten bucks, and go across the road to Summit Bar and drink ten martinis.

Conversation, I suppose, is priceless.

#623 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Going to see Ian Anderson play Thick as a Brick in its entirety on his current US tour. Although I am certainly curious to know if he still plays flute standing on one leg.

#624 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Nobody is going to be doing this unless they bought tickets immediately they went on sale. Kraftwerk performing an eight night retrospective at MoMA. I saw them setting up in the atrium on Sunday.

MoMA describes the series as a "live presentation of their complete repertoire... Each evening consists of a live performance and 3-D visualization of one of Kraftwerk's studio albums." Krautrock anoraks will immediately notice that Kraftwerk has released more than eight albums, and indeed they'll be skipping the first three which they've also so far refused to release on CD.

I went back and dipped into the catalog. "Autobahn" and "TransEurop Express" are fun of course, but I hope the enthusiastic ticket-holders are prepared for the very dated filler tracks on those old albums. Bleep, squawk, hiss.

#625 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Heads down, no nonsense boogie.*

Posted Image

*As we used to say on the NME, back in the day.

#626 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Nobody is going to be doing this unless they bought tickets immediately they went on sale. Kraftwerk performing an eight night retrospective at MoMA. I saw them setting up in the atrium on Sunday.

I complained about this in Annoyances a couple of weeks ago. No love for the fans. :angry:
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#627 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Ah, I missed that. 450 tickets per night, and that must be a squeeze in the atrium. From the review in the Times today, it looks like they're playing some of their popular songs as well as the "complete album" each night.

Reminds me of seeing Lou Reed years ago. It was announced at the beginning that he would be playing his two most recent albums but none of his "older material." After we all sat diligently through what he wanted to play, he came out and did "Sweet Jane," "Satellite of Love," etc.

#628 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

#629 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Posted Image

Pizza Hut in Japan has had a sausage-stuffed crust forever, but it doesn't come with mustard drizzle. Instead, you get way too much mayonnaise on it (and corn).

(actually, you can order any pizza with a sausage-stuffed crust, but you have to pay Y200 more for the privilege)

#630 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,676 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

"Mustard drizzle" just sounds horrible. Maybe it's because I grew up in England, but "drizzle" has no good connotations: damp, grey, miserable...