2875 replies to this topic

#1 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

We've been threatening to do this, so I will commence.

This is great:
Dinah Shore and Peggy Lee

Worth it for the dresses alone.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#2 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,949 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

I don't know how they could breathe, much less sing, with all that 1950s corseting.

#3 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

It's just so odd how in those days, the goal was to look as beautiful and glamorous as possible. Now it's how to maintain the illusion of having just gotten out of bed (preferably after binging on pig sex and heroin.)

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#4 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

It's just so odd how in those days, the goal was to look as beautiful and glamorous as possible. Now it's how to maintain the illusion of having just gotten out of bed (preferably after binging on pig sex and heroin.)

and your point is?

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#5 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,111 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:47 PM

He just wanted to say 'binging on pig sex and heroin'. :P
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#6 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:47 PM

and your point is?

The best things in life are free!

#7 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

AMy Sedaris on the Daily Show.

#8 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:37 PM

He just wanted to say 'binging on pig sex and heroin'. :P

Right. At least they weren't bingeing.

#9 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,111 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

:P
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#10 Rebecca

Rebecca

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:51 PM

You did this on purpose, didn't you! Stunningly gorgeous new avatar embellishments. And your point? Repeat: your point? The best things in life are free? Obviously we can argue THIS ONE forever. The Playtex Girdles and Max Factor grease paint weren't cheap, as weren't your computer hardware/software, Mr. Full of Frijoles. However, I was thinking just this morning whether the whole culture of trying to look your best rather than au natural wasn't a whole lot more fun, if dishonest. Or was it? I actually think I do look look slimmer in vertical stripes instead of horizontal stripes. And I really LOVE Liza Minnelli in eye makeup and dressed for the stage. Is this not a value in itself? Those damn '60's hippies ruined everything for us, on a certain level, but were (in my experience) the least tolerant and most judgmental of all. Anyone see The Factory yet? I knew Edie. This slides into this whole discussion.
"I saw them eating and I knew who they were." -Kahlil Gibran

#11 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:03 PM

Speaking of Paul Rudd.

#12 FaustianBargain

FaustianBargain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

Jon Stewart reporting on Internet Tubes (old one, tho')
i am not a cancer, i am a sagittarius.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

#13 guajolote

guajolote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

break dancing
mexico city b-boys
b-boy battle