196 replies to this topic

#1 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,211 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:02 PM

I know Im not alone, I have several or many things that have been on my To Do list forever. For example: about five years ago I bought the materials to make two hanging bedside lamps. I made one and the other one just sort of sat around waiting. In the meantime, the one that I made needed to be rewired. So this weekend I finally bought the materials and rewired the first lamp and started on the second one. (I'll be finished tonight.) You have no idea how good it feels to have that done. Plus, I love, love, love my lamp.

What are you procrastinating?
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#2 tanabutler

tanabutler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

Doing my taxes even though I'll be getting money back. Because that would involve balancing my bank account, and I've got a small stack of statements glaring at me. But I might procrastinate a little more, so my money doesn't come until closer to the end of April, when the new Mac Books go on sale, bundled with OS 10.5.
"Nana, I just counted to infinity really fast!" Logan, age 5-1/2

#3 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:21 PM

You are asking for the story of my life.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#4 GrantK

GrantK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

Taxes, giving notes on 5 scripts, writing my sound recording lecture, getting my blog going, vacuuming and dusting, two loads of laundry, finish labeling and cross-referencing tapes and dvds, mowing the lawn, going to the dentist, getting a physical check up, but I ended my major procrastination last night when I finally ordered a new computer I need for work. Damn it was nice having that excuse! Though I hope there's no earth-shattering announcement on new models next month. I delayed my major software purchases because of the rumors, but "they" downplayed the possibility of new hardware.
Never assume animosity when stupidity could be the cause.
Whichever side you're on, the other side doesn't just have bad ideas, they have to be bad people too.
People like her are always scared. Its a lonely world when youre just so damned right and everyone else is so stupid. Thats why God made cats.
He tended to date high-strung women another symptom of his shyness. "Say what you want about them, psychotics tend to make the first move."
When you get over-confident, you get your ass kicked with your own shoes. (Fabio, Top Chef)
They probably drink corporate water.

'Happy Cuatro de Cinco!'

#5 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

..and when you say procrastination, do you mean short term procrastination, like sorting my grading assignments by first name, possible nationality and overall quality and then taking a break to look up song lyrics, or do you mean pathological long-term procrastination like...eventually becoming a grown-up by finishing school and possibly even getting a real job.
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#6 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

Alas! But you have created the perfect venue for us lifelong procrastinators!

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#7 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,669 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:47 PM

I'll write my answer to your question when I get around to it.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#8 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

I have a medical malpractice trial that starts in a week . . . :blink:

#9 GrantK

GrantK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

..and when you say procrastination, do you mean short term procrastination, like sorting my grading assignments by first name, possible nationality and overall quality and then taking a break to look up song lyrics, or do you mean pathological long-term procrastination like...eventually becoming a grown-up by finishing school and possibly even getting a real job.

Get a teaching job instead of a real one. :blink:
Never assume animosity when stupidity could be the cause.
Whichever side you're on, the other side doesn't just have bad ideas, they have to be bad people too.
People like her are always scared. Its a lonely world when youre just so damned right and everyone else is so stupid. Thats why God made cats.
He tended to date high-strung women another symptom of his shyness. "Say what you want about them, psychotics tend to make the first move."
When you get over-confident, you get your ass kicked with your own shoes. (Fabio, Top Chef)
They probably drink corporate water.

'Happy Cuatro de Cinco!'

#10 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,211 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

Over the weekend, I made a list of 18 things that I want done. I crossed off four. :blink:

A biggie is that I cleaned out my medicine cabinet, which believe it or not is about 6 feet tall. Under the big purse theory (if you have a big purse, you'll have a lot of stuff, small purse not a lot), I have managed to accumulate a lot of crap. I got rid of all my eye shadow (never use it), old nail polish, free gift samples, various expired items, etc etc.

Another one is that I finally put the batteries in one of my smoke detectors. I'd taken them out months ago because the oven smokes up when I roast a chicken. I'd put off reinstalling them because I have another one upstairs and I'd justify it by thinking "well I'm just going to do such and such, which will smoke up the kitchen..."
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#11 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

Oh the medicine cabinet. Yes.

I think we are about a year behind on getting pictures hung and some re-painting done. I am absolutely for sure going to get the furniture cleaned soon. Getting tax returns completed is not the problem; making it all the way to the post office and not being deterred by the lines is the tricky bit.

And then there's the yoga I was going to start this year. And a poem I started about three months ago which I am supposed to read in public on Thursday - that concentrates the mind a little.

Funnily enough, procrastination never interferes when it comes to making unnecessary luxury purposes or getting to a restaurant or bar. I am a driven thing, in those contexts.
Elect-a-lujah

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#12 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

Curing cancer.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#13 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

Writing up the solutions which I have discovered to a range of philosophical problems.
Elect-a-lujah

#14 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

Maybe you two should aim lower. I need to polish a pair of shoes.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#15 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

That's the first thing I'll doing after curing cancer.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson