181 replies to this topic

#136 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

It's been so long since I've seen the show that it was nice to be reminded of how good it is. I can hardly wait for 2012!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#137 fentona

fentona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

And it's going to be streamed on Netflix, starting July 27. Good news for those of us who haven't yet gotten around to watching it!
Andrew Fenton

#138 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,769 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image

(Apparently, this poster has caused some fuss because there are folks out there who are not familiar with the show and think this has something to do with 9/11.)

And she was.

#139 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,553 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I think absence has made my heart grow fonder. I was down on the show at the end of season 4 after the Don's lightning marriage to his secretary. Hot-babe-ex-machina. But after a year and a half absence I'm delighted to have the show back. The characters are so much fun to watch.

Last night I got a big kick out of Don and Harry sitting in a car after a Stones concert while Harry polished off 20 White Castles.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#140 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Why didn't anyone remind me it was on yesterday?!?!?! Crap! I thought Season 4 was a little slow, but Season 5 Episode 1 was like the Mad Men I fell in love with!

#141 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,376 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I guess I'd better add this to "The Sopranos," "The West Wing" and "The Wire." Stuff to watch when I'm too old to get out of the armchair.

#142 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,411 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I guess I'd better add this to "The Sopranos," "The West Wing" and "The Wire." Stuff to watch when I'm too old to get out of the armchair.

All of those shows are better than this. Mad Men = mediocre soap opera w/ superb art direction
Why not mayo?

#143 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,553 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

And the first 2 Godfather movies.

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#144 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,411 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

And the first 2 Godfather movies.

Is that true? What's his immigration status? Can't we get him deported for that or something?
Why not mayo?

#145 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,376 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

As well as Avatar, The Pirates of the Caribbean, and anything to do with Harry Potter.

#146 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,376 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Is that true? What's his immigration status? Can't we get him deported for that or something?

I've seen Goodfellas. Twice.

#147 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,637 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

The first two Godfather movies wipe their asses with Goodfellas.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#148 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,376 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Eeww.

#149 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

All of those shows are better than this. Mad Men = mediocre soap opera w/ superb art direction

Agreed. We watched the first show of Season 1 on Wednesday night to see what all the hype was about. I fell asleep. Boring eye candy.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#150 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,553 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

That's a little quick to make a decision. You should watch the first 4 episodes. If you're still not hooked, by all means, skip the rest.